Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty Still Available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My late 2015 S90D is coming up on the end of its 4 year warranty so I went on the Tesla website to see about purchasing the extended warranty I recall Tesla was offering back when I purchased the car. There's no longer an option to sign up for the extended warranty so I thought I'd ask here if you folks know if it is still available.

I plan to call Tesla about it next Monday but I know there are varying opinions o whether it is even worth it or not. FYI, I barely drive the car (only 32K in 4 years) and plan to keep it another 4.

Suggestions/pointers? Should I just call Tesla and say "Take my money!" ?

My late 2015 S90D is coming up on the end of its 4 year warranty so I went on the Tesla website to see about purchasing the extended warranty I recall Tesla was offering back when I purchased the car. There's no longer an option to sign up for the extended warranty so I thought I'd ask here if you folks know if it is still available.

I plan to call Tesla about it next Monday but I know there are varying opinions o whether it is even worth it or not. FYI, I barely drive the car (only 32K in 4 years) and plan to keep it another 4.

Suggestions/pointers? Should I just call Tesla and say "Take my money!" ?

You used to have more options on how to purchase ESA including through the web, but now, those options are officially reduced into one:

"Where can I purchase the Extended Service Agreement?
The Extended Service Agreement can be directly purchased at your nearest Tesla Service Center."

• Informative
Reactions: pinke2323
Since all (I think?) service centers are also sales stores, they could want to meet you in person to try to get you to buy a new car.. "take a test drive overnight".

makes good business sense if they convert even a small % of ESA buyers to new car sales.