Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extended Warranty

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For price comparison, if you configure a "best approximation" of that vehicle as a new reservation the price is 69,900. Then - 7500 if you qualify for the federal rebate, which puts it at 62,400. And you'd be getting a "current build, with all the latest evolutionary touches in the vehicle design and quality" car. But you would have to wait in line to get it so there's a time factor.

For price comparison, if you configure a "best approximation" of that vehicle as a new reservation the price is 69,900. Then - 7500 if you qualify for the federal rebate, which puts it at 62,400. And you'd be getting a "current build, with all the latest evolutionary touches in the vehicle design and quality" car. But you would have to wait in line to get it so there's a time factor.

How did you come up with $69,900?

I did mine on Design Studio and this is what I get:
$69,900 == 60kWh model
Black paint= included
Textile seats = included
Pano roof= $2500
Super charger enabled= $2000
Air suspension= $2250

Total comes to $76,650...after federal tax credit it comes to $69,150 and more over the new design would not allow air suspension without the tech package

Am I missing something?

How did you come up with $69,900?

I did mine on Design Studio and this is what I get:
$69,900 == 60kWh model
Black paint= included
Textile seats = included
Pano roof= $2500
Super charger enabled= $2000
Air suspension= $2250

Total comes to $76,650...after federal tax credit it comes to $69,150 and more over the new design would not allow air suspension without the tech package

Am I missing something?
You are correct. I think brianman forgot that the Design Studio automatically figures in the -$7,500.

Interesting that the older models let you have the air suspension without the tech package.

You are correct. I think brianman forgot that the Design Studio automatically figures in the -$7,500.

Interesting that the older models let you have the air suspension without the tech package.

I know...I checked the window sticker and that's what it says...Also the price is still being negotiated and if I can bring it down to $62K...then adding tax would still make it good deal

Forgot is the wrong word. "Misread their updated UI". Mea culpa if that's the case.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an early 60, I don't think they were even delivering the coil suspension back when that car was built.
You make a good point. I might have forgotten to check the air suspension checkbox.

16500 miles

For about $3k more than the asking price for that used one, you can get a new 60 with the tech package and supercharging. You would have to give up the air and pano, if price is a concern, but there's something to be said for brand new with a full four year / 50k mile warranty. You may wish to test drive both air and coil, if you haven't already, to see if makes that much of a difference to you.

I'd also be concerned that the dealer has fully charged the battery and kept it that way on the lot since it's nice to show the car with full range. You might want to ask them about that since keeping it at a full charge for extended periods can harm the battery. Before you buy it, though, you should have a full charge done and see what the range is so there are no surprises later. The battery is covered by warranty but normal degradation is not covered and how the battery has been treated can accelerate degradation.

In regards to the tech-package, it looks like you will get a few of the features that are in the tech-package now because you are a pre-10K VIN. From what I have read on these forums it will include the passive entry (biggest deal, which will let you walk up and touch the handle to unlock -- don't have to use the fob) and should include DRL which were standard at that time. I am not sure what else, but the tech back then was slimmer than the tech today...so that is something to keep in mind. I skipped on the tech in my 42K VIN, but thought I would get the same features as the pre-10K VIN. I regret it a little bit (but not that much), but certainly wouldn't regret a pre-10K VIN.