Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extremely Poor Model 3 Quality and Experience [and all issues resolved by Tesla except for one]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most of above issues was handled by Tesla SUNNYVALE Service center, they refused to. admit this is a Lemon Car!!!

Regarding who
why did you not start posting before delivery? Or when the issues started?
A good question!!!
Actually regarding the rear trunk issue delivery man told this is because too NEW the car is! and take me weeks to book a service, and they repaired 2 more times, still not 100% as store model ones. SUNNYVALE service center can do NOTHING with it......

Most of above issues was handled by Tesla SUNNYVALE Service center, they refused to. admit this is a Lemon Car!!!

Regarding who

A good question!!!
Actually regarding the rear trunk issue delivery man told this is because too NEW the car is! and take me weeks to book a service, and they repaired 2 more times, still not 100% as store model ones. SUNNYVALE service center can do NOTHING with it......
It’s completely clear to me now.

• Funny
Reactions: focher and Sherlo
Issue No. 3 , they replaced a part called Contractor and was able to fix it.

At the risk of feeding the trolls...

And I'm guessing they replaced the motor under warranty?

This happens once in a while. It comes back automatically and does not affect driving

Was this with the bad motor or after?

need to be more specific

need to be more specific

need to be more specific

This is a known issue. I've never run into it myself, but I know many others have

@all Experts, Here to summarize @1 year, 15,000 miles.
- 3 life endangered issues although fixed,
- 1 function works but the customer experience of which is slight different from model display
- Plus the cheating/misleading information during delivery.
- Also a couple of other issues fixed documented

1). Chance of success in Lemon Law?
2). Other Escalation channel beside Service Center?

I had the issue with the backup camera image being black some of the time. It was pretty annoying, especially with the view out of the back not being great.

However, after a recent software update, that issue seems to have gone away completely.

My thought is for software issues, with some patience, they’ll get fixed. With hardware issues, on the other hand, you’ll need to rely on the local service center. Hopefully they gave you a good loaner car while your car was fixed. I had some paint work done by the Sunnyvale service center and they gave me a Model X as a loaner. That car felt like driving the future. I loved the auto front door opening feature!

Good luck!

Why does anyone with problems have to be a short investor or a troll.

There have been quite few threads with similar problems. Quite a few drive units, 12V battery issues.

It’s hard to know how bad it is with the volume of Model 3 sold.

Give the guy a break.

If you have not had any issues I’d consider yourself lucky.

It has nothing to do with the issues, it’s the OP’s brief forum history and posts.

If you made the same claims I doubt anyone would question it, you’ve been around. But someone claiming to have “life threatening” issues over the span of a year NEVER decided to join/post until now? They didn’t decide to make an account while waiting for delivery to learn more about it? Never needed to ask a general question and/or find solutions with one of the issues? But now all of a sudden they discover the forum and spam the boards with complaints?

That’s textbook trolling.

It has nothing to do with the issues, it’s the OP’s brief forum history and posts.

If you made the same claims I doubt anyone would question it, you’ve been around. But someone claiming to have “life threatening” issues over the span of a year NEVER decided to join/post until now? They didn’t decide to make an account while waiting for delivery to learn more about it? Never needed to ask a general question and/or find solutions with one of the issues? But now all of a sudden they discover the forum and spam the boards with complaints?

Still don’t think there is anything wrong with starting off with a complaint. Not everyone gets on for choosing mats, mods and tires before they run into trouble and post.

And I think he makes a good point of how EV’s can fail. You tend to get lots of warning signs on ICE. But sometimes, and he’s not the first, it can be sudden and dangerous.

Maybe it's because the OP lives in fadfad where road condition is extremely poor?
This is the Bay Area, with most Teslas here.
(Update: sorry, I see now that upthread the OP referred to the Sunnyvale Service Center)

I’m not sure why you are referencing the Bay Area. According to Google Maps, there is no place on Earth called “fadfad”. It’s a made up name. Though maybe the member lives on Al Fadfad Street in Abu Dhabi. He is apparently not a native English speaker, unless he is deliberately using grammatical constructions reminiscent of Yoda, but without the clarity of thought. Quote: “regarding the rear trunk issue delivery man told this is because too NEW the car is”.

There is no way to verify the veracity of his complaints. The use of multiple exclamation points only serves to lessen his believability, in my opinion.

Last edited:

What is wrong with my first post complaining all these? Guys pls look at the issues instead

It is my FIRST post , I had no question for a forum and just found this one and registered account here now when the DRIVE UNIT broke, i am here for posting all these TRUTH, to let everyone know as well as gathering further escalation opinions.

Reactions: mswlogo
What is wrong with my first post complaining all these? Guys pls look at the issues instead

It is my FIRST post , I had no question for a forum and just found this one and registered account here now when the DRIVE UNIT broke, i am here for posting all these TRUTH, to let everyone know as well as gathering further escalation opinions.
Hey man, I'm really sorry you've had issues with your car. You should take a look at your posts and realize that the initial impression that you're giving off is frantic and alarmist, not constructive. Tesla has a bunch of enemies and sometimes posts like this are fake.

So, could you provide some more detail about the issues you're having and if they have or haven't been solved by Tesla?

You started two identical threads in two different Model 3 forums, which is a violation of TMC rules. Your threads were merged. As @Gondi63 noted, your tone was indeed frantic and not constructive.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions and seeking help. That said, this website is not run by Tesla and it cannot solve your problems. Only Tesla can do that.

As I read your p[ost #25 in this thread, it sounds like almost all your issues were corrected since you purchased the car. You made that post just 3 hours after your first post which contained numerous complaints. Why didn’t you make it clear in your first post that your issues were almost completely resolved?

Your first post was misleading and inflammatory.

You started two identical threads in two different Model 3 forums, which is a violation of TMC rules. Your threads were merged. As @Gondi63 noted, your tone was indeed frantic and not constructive.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions and seeking help. That said, this website is not run by Tesla and it cannot solve your problems. Only Tesla can do that.

As I read your p[ost #25 in this thread, it sounds like almost all your issues were corrected since you purchased the car. You made that post just 3 hours after your first post which contained numerous complaints. Why didn’t you make it clear in your first post that your issues were almost completely resolved?

Your first post was misleading and inflammatory.

Most Issues are resolved as of now except for the rear trunk One I have different option than Tesla, if you think it is important, I clearly state it here. It is fare you thinks this important pet you understanding, but my point is different: A new car 1 year, 15000 miles SHOULD NOT have that list of many issues including major one as motor broke and life threatened ones, fixed or not.

I am furious, no double and you are right from my words, and that is exactly what I want to express, a true Tesla Model 3 car owner’ experience that everyone deserves to know especially those current and future owners.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike and mswlogo
A new car 1 year, 15000 miles SHOULD NOT have that list of many issues including major one as motor broke and life threatened ones, fixed or not.

I am furious, no double and you are right from my words, and that is exactly what I want to express, a true Tesla Model 3 car owner’ experience that everyone deserves to know especially those current and future owners.
Being upset at issues with a new car is completely legitimate, but Lemon Laws existed for a long time before Tesla; Any manufacturer can have issues with production, including major issues like the drivetrain.