Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cancelled a car and Tesla refunded everything to my credit card in 3 days. I have no issue with Tesla...they told me 10-14 days on the phone. They exceeded my expectations.
Nice, I feel like I should cancel on principal, but I'm really just not that in love with a chevy bolt which is the only thing with enough range to satisfy for under 80k.

But I am tired of people getting their cars in 10 days when others have been waiting over 2 years (Plus lent money to tesla, plus put down deposits in June.)

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!

• Love
Reactions: neroden
I was so frustrated about the endless wait (reserved April 1, 2016) that I ordered an e-Golf in the meantime. Delivery of that is currently slated for "end of this year" (ordered in May), while the Model 3 delivery estimator still shows "Early 2019".

I never settle for second rate goods.

No amount of instant gratification is worth remorse after the fact.

It’s clear that once Tesla hits 10K production they will be able to allocate to international markets.

At lease you are in front of the line for your region.

I never settle for second rate goods.

No amount of instant gratification is worth remorse after the fact.

It’s clear that once Tesla hits 10K production they will be able to allocate to international markets.

At lease you are in front of the line for your region.

Indeed I appear to be. :)

By the way, I wouldn't call the e-Golf second rate. On the contrary, of all my BEV test drives so far, the e-Golf gave the best overall results (and that explicitely includes two different Model S test drives I had).

The e-Golf was much more refined overall than the Model S's. Build quality, interior features, the lot.
True, its range is much shorter, and the acceleration is much slower, but we need a secondary car anyway, and the e-Golf fits that bill perfectly. Which is why it will replace my BMW.

The Model 3 otoh will replace our "family hauler" VW Touran TDI with its Dieselgate engine.
From then on we will be a zero ICE family, and to us that was the most important goal.

Unless you get really good deal on e-golf, test drive Model 3 before buying e-golf so you do not get disappointed.

He is in Germany, the Model 3 doesn't even have demonstrator units available there for him to try out. Additionally Tesla have indicated that their introduction to Europe is going to be delayed by another 1-2 quarters so I would not be surprised if the very first cars don't start showing up in Europe until middle of next year.

Tesla have really got to get a handle on their logistics train-wreck, it is costing them sales.

• Love
Reactions: neroden