Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Installed Car Play?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t the real advantage of the Tesla MMI the integration of navigation and supercharger network. On road trips it is very useful and you dont have to use third party app on phone such as plugshare or findabetterroute to figure out where to charge.
And it’s a big advantage to Tesla. If everyone navigates to superchargers using their system they have the ability to schedule usage and even reroute people to alternate chargers if they see one will be full.

Reactions: Dracaris
I hope, if they don’t incorporate CarPlay, that they make the ui easier to parse while driving. Larger cards during navigation, better timed audio prompts like in apple maps. Not having to reach across the entire screen to access your Apple Music library etc. I’m a recent convert to Apple Maps, 95% of the time it’s as good as Waze (at least near me) it’s just easy on the eyes and very clear what the next turn will be.

I‘ve had the Tesla nav take me to a supercharger in a really circuitous way. Felt like I was using my old Prius’s on board nav from 2007.