Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory staggered to square

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

leeh97

RN1148 Red, blk, 19s
Dec 21, 2019
San jose ca
I haven't found this exact thread but I have a 2022 MS LR, with staggered 19" tires. 255 on the front and 285 on the back. Places like discount tires, Costco only quote the factory sizes but I would like to go with 255 on all 4 without changing the rims.

is this possible?

Go to the Discount Tire website and shop by vehicle. It looks like there is a “factory” non-staggered option, which is 245 /45 R19 SL. But if you must have 255s, on the same page select “optional tires” then select 19”. Here you will see 255 / 40 and 255 / 45 options.

I haven't found this exact thread but I have a 2022 MS LR, with staggered 19" tires. 255 on the front and 285 on the back. Places like discount tires, Costco only quote the factory sizes but I would like to go with 255 on all 4 without changing the rims.

is this possible?

Front wheels: 19x9.5J
Rear: 19x10J

The rim sizes are different so I am not sure how front tires fit rear rims.

What I’m planning to do is fit 275/45/19s on my plaid. America’s tire said this set up would fit fine. The Michelin pilot sport 4 is an oem tire for the taycan. This size is available. I purchased two more oem rear rims and the plan is to put the 10” width rim on all four corners. My tires are at 5/32nds so I got a little time left till I need new tires

I changed to a square setup on my ‘21 LR for snow tires. The handling has been awesome.

Here’s the same wheels I used but with some all weather/all season/summer options:

Reactions: TomServo
Not sure why they went to staggered setup in long range. Can you rotate tires at all (side to side I mean)?

I guess you have to buy entirely new rims if you want to stick to spec and have all 4 the same. Does this compromise the drive at all (or why didn't Tesla stick to this in the first place)?

Not sure why they went to staggered setup in long range. Can you rotate tires at all (side to side I mean)?

I guess you have to buy entirely new rims if you want to stick to spec and have all 4 the same. Does this compromise the drive at all (or why didn't Tesla stick to this in the first place)?
Easier for mass manufacturing to make things the same for every car

Reactions: dsm363