Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Factory Tour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, was wondering for those that have done the factory tour, I understand they state there is a 4 person limit. Has anyone brought more than that to the tour? A couple of my friends want to jump on in for a total of 6 people, but wasn't sure how stringent they are. I'm picking up my car tomorrow!!! :) Waiting to see how much of a Tesla grin I'll have!

I had 5 back in January. I've not heard of the 4 person limit, but it makes sense (in case someone brings a crowd). I expect they are less busy on weekdays, so it may be easier then. I suggest going for it and warning a couple of your guests they may not get in just to cover the bases.

It also has to do with getting around in there ... for mine there were two others ... but we used a golf cart to get around.
Not sure if someone without a vested interest can get the tour? I thought you had to be either an owner or taking delivery? Or maybe long?

I asked my DS today how many people I could bring with me when I pick up my MS at the factory. She said 3, for a total of 4 people. I didn't press it so I'm not sure how lenient they are.

One person on my tour brought over a dozen of his friends. I asked how many cars he was buying. One. The tour guide commented that it was the biggest tour she had seen, but nobody told any of that group to go home. The factory is noisy, and the tour guide doesn't get a microphone, so big groups don't work very well. I think Tesla should make that 4 person limit clearer to people that choose the factory tour. Maybe if the tour isn't full, having 6 people in your group isn't a big deal, but if the tour is full and everyone brings 6, it will diminish the experience for everyone. To answer your question, though, I would be surprised if you brought 5 with you and they told you that it was too many.

Wow... a dozen people. That's... alot... Thanks... I'll see how it goes. Hopefully it won't be packed and they will be ok. Been keeping myself busy with other things waiting to pick it up. This forum drives me nuts cuz it reminds me of how close I am to finally getting it!! :) See you all on the otherside! Thanks again.

One person on my tour brought over a dozen of his friends. I asked how many cars he was buying. One. The tour guide commented that it was the biggest tour she had seen, but nobody told any of that group to go home. The factory is noisy, and the tour guide doesn't get a microphone, so big groups don't work very well. I think Tesla should make that 4 person limit clearer to people that choose the factory tour. Maybe if the tour isn't full, having 6 people in your group isn't a big deal, but if the tour is full and everyone brings 6, it will diminish the experience for everyone. To answer your question, though, I would be surprised if you brought 5 with you and they told you that it was too many.

I brought five on my tour even though I had heard on TMS that they had a limit of four.

My DS never mentioned a limit on age or number so I figured it was a situation of asking for forgiveness versus asking for permission.

No problems with just showing up and taking the tour. The other parties only had 2-3 people.

Agree 100%. Inconsiderate. Plus for security purposes, how can one person manage 12?
I would expect tours to be limited to those with a vested interest as primary guest, and a maximum of 3.
When I booked mine, it really seemed like they were imposing a limit. As I was the one one left for that hour. And then there were 3 of us.

Just finished taking delivery at my 11am appointment today. I had a total party of 5. To be honest, they don't track or pay attention to how many people go or what not. They had 2 cars on the tram they were going to tow. They just added another car to the tram and carried the rest of people. Weren't stringent at all. But yea, probably don't push it to like 10 or 12 as they may crack down on it in the future. They were only doing 25 deliveries today, but on Saturday (tomorrow) they are planning to do over 40 deliveries. Love the car so far!!!!

Thanks p-b. The "Delivery Dates & Sequencing" thread has posts stating 87xx will be picked up end of next week. So ~500/week sounds about right. And the factory may very well be working this weekend to get even more on direct-delivery trucks by 3/31.

I was on tour late Wednesday and saw a board that listed 109 built in a day (seems to be the record so far). Amazing day.

cross link to post:

Tracking Multi-red production and sequencing - Page 28