Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Failed firmware update (2021.32.10)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My MX failed firmware update twice on 2021.32.10
There was no issue after the first fail. However, after second fail, my MX couldn't drive anymore.
I got mobile service same day and it took technician nearly 3 hours to bring it back.
Tech replaced SD card and reloaded firmware.
My SC and mobile tech did a great job, I can't ask for more in this situation.

Thank you for spelling that out , somehow i was imaging this whole time it was a user replaceable SD card for sentry data or something..

Lots of cars having SD card issues with last few firmware updates. Im sure the underlying issues themselves are straightforward but the failure modes being reported are spectacular - basically loss of car until Tesla Service gets involved.

This was what happened after 2nd software update failed.
20210917_080133.jpg20210917_080137.jpg20210917_080141.jpg20210917_081738.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Anyone know why 2021.24.11 isn't moving to 2021.32.10?

Well except for two cars that is.

There doesn't appear to be anything about 2021.24.11 or 2021.32.10 that imply they exclude radar, Vision only, Plaid, non Plaid, etc cars.

Lately it seems 2021.32.10 is stuck around around 40% of the TeslaFi fleet and 2021.24.11 is the only version, with any notable share, that is not progressing to 2021.32.10 (yet).

Looks like all of 2021.32.10 is now rapidly moving to 2021.32.20 as of today.

Interesting though 2021.24.11 is basically stuck for some reason though.

Seems like we’re still stuck with two major branch’s (at least) for a while.

I had this issue as well. Update failed, radio wouldn't work, did a reset and got black screen with A/C blasting full for some reason. Would not drive and was otherwise unresponsive. Towed to Tesla with A/C still blasting. Fixed the next day. Will think twice about doing a reset if I ever get a update fail in the future.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had issues with trying to actually talk to someone at Tesla Service but it's been so frustrating for me. I love the mobile app and have had great results with it but with something like this it would be nice to be able to talk to a service person to get some answers. I did finally get hold of the Denver service center and I mentioned the issues that folks have stated above...they had no comment and gave me no indication when they would be able to look at the vehicle..

I requested to talk via messaging in app.
My story was I had an appointment at SC to look at shuddering and park assist messages. The day before appointment, my MX got second firmware update notice. I thought I would leave it but decided to proceed update the night before appointment.
In the morning, just about to go, realized that my car is dead.
I messaged in app about the problem, got reply in few minutes.
Then I asked to talk to SC person, he called me within minutes.
It was Friday, he said he'll try mobile service same day, if not the car would be towed.
Lucky for me mobile tech came about 5pm and finished around 8p.

Thanks! I was able to get hold of the SC in Denver and they are trying to fix it via remote. Not sure if that can be done, ironically I saw a Tesla mobile tech van on my street...i should have chased him down!
i wonder how they can fix remotely if the car is dead? mine was towed and fixed the next day. my main concern was the a/c running all night at the dealership but it was still going when they disconnected the power and reformatted the memory. good luck.

i wonder how they can fix remotely if the car is dead? mine was towed and fixed the next day. my main concern was the a/c running all night at the dealership but it was still going when they disconnected the power and reformatted the memory. good luck.
In my case, the car was just not able to start. It was still connected to wifi so service can definitely remote in. However, my car was fixed by mobile tech.
I'm not sure if they can reload SD card remotely, but I think they may be able to though.

Reactions: ARTEMIS X