Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fair compensation from Tesla regarding bad delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting back on the original topic, I'm not sure what appropriate compensation would be, but I recommend looking into if your state has lemon laws. It sounds like it might be appropriate here and as a bonus a friend whose Model S had a myriad of issues got much more attention when he mentioned he was looking into legal means of redress.
How would lemon law apply in this situation? Which issue has repeatedly re-occurred in which Tesla was unable to remedy?

Reactions: CarlK and P85_DA
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I will stop by the SC today to get an update on this front drive unit and look at how they fixed the other issues.

To me, it's fair to ask Tesla for compensation when you fork 80K on a car you cannot drive and that came with manufacturing issues. I will keep you posted.

Reactions: redscott
Just curious, was it a beeping noise that you hit at certain speeds and would go away at other speeds?

My AWD makes some kind of high pitched noise and sounded like beeping when I maintain the speed around 30-40mph. I know that AWD will have front motor noise but is this normal?

Also, anyone here has suggestion which Bay Area SC to go and had a good experience?

Because from my experience, remove the Dashboard might create additional issues down the road, like rattle noise. The technician at the SC confirmed it's best to avoid dismounting interior parts...
You do seem to be continuing to make lots of assumptions. I think you're going to end up doing something stupid to protect yourself from problems that exist only in your imagination. Tesla is not like car dealerships you have dealt with in the past. If you give them the chance to make you happy, and make clear to them what it will take to make you happy, you will likely end up happy. Best of luck.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
It's complete bullshit and you absolutely deserve compensation. The reality is what you should do is ask for a refund and get a car made by another company. Tesla has its head up its ass when it comes to reliability and service and thanks to huge demand they don't think they have to do anything about it.

In 5 or 10 years they'll have enough competition in the EV field that minor niggles like NEEDING A MOTOR REPLACED ON A NEW CAR will get straightened out. In the short term they've got enough reservations that they're not that worried about losing a single customer's business.

By the nature of this type of forum you're interacting with almost entirely "enthusiasts" (AKA sycophants when anything goes wrong), and it's maddening how people will apologize for a company that will take eighty thousand of your dollars and not feel the need to apologize when it's broken in a dozen ways.

I've seen this response more than once on this forum "Well, you got a loaner car, and you're not putting miles on your car, you should be satisfied". Lol. Making excuses for Tesla.

I've seen this response more than once on this forum "Well, you got a loaner car, and you're not putting miles on your car, you should be satisfied". Lol. Making excuses for Tesla.
Yup, it's a good response, and it takes a real fool to not find it reasonable. I've gotten loaners pretty much every time I've brought my car in for service over the past 4+ years. I've had the chance to try out many different configurations. I've put hundreds of miles on their cars rather than mine. What's not to like?

I can imagine some people not liking this, but the notion that you are being cheated, that you've lost something valuable, is just stupid. Perhaps if you had gotten an ICE loaner, but those are just short term. The few times I've gotten an ICE, I got a Tesla in exchange by going back the next day or so when something was available.

I recommend audible book Negotiation Genious. I have not been to business school so I am not sure if that is what they teach there but it was an eye opener for me in terms how negotiation works and how to avoid a stalemate.

My favorite is when they tell the Model 3 owner that the Model S is the better car, so you should be happy yours is in the shop - you are getting to drive an S! My experience with S loaners is they are very rough and not loved, so big dents, dirty insides and smelly ACs. Unless you get the Enterprise rental S as the loaner, then it is new, but also doesn't have TACC! And you don't have app access to the loaner, so no preheating, not knowing charging status at the supercharger, etc.

First world problems, but normally I just want my own car back.

We actually no longer take the loaner when we have our S or 3 down for service. It is just easier to drive our extra ICE pickup instead and not be tied to Tesla's schedule to pick the car up when it is done. It is 2 hours from our work to the nearest SC, so arranging to take off time on short notice to pick a car up before 6 is a big hassle. Especially when they will tell us the car is ready, then call us while we are driving down and after we took off work to say "just kidding, come get it tomorrow". If I am not in their loaner, I can just tell them I will pick up on Saturday at my own leisure.

How would lemon law apply in this situation? Which issue has repeatedly re-occurred in which Tesla was unable to remedy?

I'm no lemon law expert, but in California, here is one of the criteria:

• The manufacturer has made four or more attempts to repair the same warranty problem, or the vehicle has been out of service for more than 30 days, while being repaired for any number of warranty problems.
Its not just number of attempts. Most lemon laws have a time limit to conduct these repairs.

My AWD makes some kind of high pitched noise and sounded like beeping when I maintain the speed around 30-40mph. I know that AWD will have front motor noise but is this normal?

Also, anyone here has suggestion which Bay Area SC to go and had a good experience?

My first P3D did this at the same speed. They claimed it was normal. My second one does it from 60-70 mph. Not sure if it’s actually normal or not, but 2 out of 2 for me.

It's absurd. It's like people can't accept that a company can do both good and bad things. Yes, it's the best EV by a mile and also they have clear and serious manufacturing and service issues and that's not ok. All those things can be true, I don't understand the urge to defend a 50 billion dollar company like it's a defenseless animal.

Reactions: C141medic
Thanks everyone for your inputs. I will stop by the SC today to get an update on this front drive unit and look at how they fixed the other issues.

To me, it's fair to ask Tesla for compensation when you fork 80K on a car you cannot drive and that came with manufacturing issues. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the update! I'm curious how this ends up, I hope it's resolved to your satisfaction and you can focus on enjoying the car!

My favorite is when they tell the Model 3 owner that the Model S is the better car, so you should be happy yours is in the shop - you are getting to drive an S! My experience with S loaners is they are very rough and not loved, so big dents, dirty insides and smelly ACs. Unless you get the Enterprise rental S as the loaner, then it is new, but also doesn't have TACC! And you don't have app access to the loaner, so no preheating, not knowing charging status at the supercharger, etc.

First world problems, but normally I just want my own car back.

We actually no longer take the loaner when we have our S or 3 down for service. It is just easier to drive our extra ICE pickup instead and not be tied to Tesla's schedule to pick the car up when it is done. It is 2 hours from our work to the nearest SC, so arranging to take off time on short notice to pick a car up before 6 is a big hassle. Especially when they will tell us the car is ready, then call us while we are driving down and after we took off work to say "just kidding, come get it tomorrow". If I am not in their loaner, I can just tell them I will pick up on Saturday at my own leisure.

Exactly! You buy a car because you like it and want to drive it, you shouldn't feel satisfied that you can drive a loaner and not put miles on the car you paid for.

Reactions: Oyinko and redscott
I got comp of EAP + FSD (wich wasn't easy to get), but they took 5 weeks to fix delivery issues, damaged front bumper and EVERY piece of glass on the car had to be replaced through negligence. I am back in the car but they didn't fix all the issues just to stop the clock so i couldn't lemon it since it was close to 30 days. Rest of the parts will be installed via mobile service when they come in. Not holding my breath. Not all that happy but EAP + FSD helps with resale and HW3 upgrade so meh... I was tired of chasing it around and being without the car I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.