Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Door destroys paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stenkb

Roadster 938 Model S 5957 Model X ?
Nov 23, 2009
Lethbridge, Alberta
Sorry guys have to vent.

As a long time tesla owner/supporter - roadster, model s, model x - I have never been at such an all time low of my regard for tesla.

I have been requesting service for numerous items for over 3 months now and in my area - there are no service workers, no ranger service and no timeline than maybe in another month or so when one could be put on an ever growing list of customers in need of service work.

I received better faster service back in 2010 when I had my roadster...and this was when you could really call tesla a startup.

I have found tesla has become completely incompetent and could really care less about taking care of me as a customer. And I assume the same for other customers in my area. (An entire province)

Sure my children would like to be able to buckle their seat belt..... if it worked.

Would also be nice is my falcon doors didn't chew the paint off and is now grinding down into the aluminum....

Many other issues as well like summon that only works if I am practically standing within inches of the vehicle. And when it does work it tries to drive into a garage door.

I thought i had waited long enough for model x issues to be resolved before buying one....i was not only wrong about that but I had assumed at least service would take care of the issues.....was very wrong on that.

As always - love the cars - despise the company.

Attachments

• 20170624_151751.jpg
    20170624_151751.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 1,442
  • 20170624_151742.jpg
    20170624_151742.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 1,127
Paint protection there is a good idea - I am thinking of getting touch up paint and taking the car to get paint protection in that area (had already done the front of car to protect from rock chips)- tesla basically said too bad that's what falcon wing doors do to everyone...looks like on my own. Does everyone's falcon doors do this to them really?

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Wow! I was skeptical of the paint problem you were describing, but that IS scary. I'm saddened that your experience with the SC has worsened since your Roadster ownership. My fear is that it's only going to get worse as people who have NO prior history with Tesla begin buying the 3 and service appts become more and more frequent.

I hope you get all your issues fixed. A good friend purchased an X in 2014 and his had a shimmy issue that Tesla couldn't figure out. They took his car for months and he went through roughly 8-9 loaners while they tried to figure out what the cause was. They never did find the issue and ended up building him another X to replace it. Lawyers, the loan, and paperwork/warranty was a nightmare for him to resolve. He loves his car, but for a normal (non-early adopter) this would have been a dealbreaker for sure.

Wow! I was skeptical of the paint problem you were describing, but that IS scary. I'm saddened that your experience with the SC has worsened since your Roadster ownership. My fear is that it's only going to get worse as people who have NO prior history with Tesla begin buying the 3 and service appts become more and more frequent.

I hope you get all your issues fixed. A good friend purchased an X in 2014 and his had a shimmy issue that Tesla couldn't figure out. They took his car for months and he went through roughly 8-9 loaners while they tried to figure out what the cause was. They never did find the issue and ended up building him another X to replace it. Lawyers, the loan, and paperwork/warranty was a nightmare for him to resolve. He loves his car, but for a normal (non-early adopter) this would have been a dealbreaker for sure.
Do you mean S? No such thing as a 2014 X. 2016 is the first model year.

To the OP, sorry you are having the problems but Tesla is really going through growing pains. Not trying to make excuses, just stating the reality. When it was only the Roadster, Tesla only had a few hundred customers. Fast forward to today, between the S and X, they have hundred and tens of thousands. And most of this expansion has happened in the last 5 years or so. In the scope of things that is pretty short period of time. I know I've seen at least one other post here of the same paint issue, so it's not just you.

He put a deposit on the X in 2014, or even 2013 (I can't remember when he put that $ down) but got his SUV months after I had my S. But it had the shimmy issue and he was left with loaners for most of the last couple years. He has only had his actual newly built X for about 6 months now.

You've got me freakin out. Just took delivery should I buy some 3m film on Amazon and apply it there?
Yes you should... mine does this too. I have a patch of 3M on there and in 3 months it's now worn through... will be applying a new patch every couple months to protect the paint. It's definitely a common issue.

To the OP... sorry to hear about your frustrations - I can relate in many ways. The Alberta (Calgary) Service Centre opens tomorrow so hopefully that will (eventually) increase service levels. I know that Service has been constrained over the past 4-5 months with training and opening the new facility. They should be up to speed just in time for a flood of Model 3s to hit the market! :)