Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Door destroys paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with the local detail shop that does a lot of Tesla work and the owner told me that the rubbing is seen in almost every X they have worked on, and has to do with either wear or misalignment of the rubber areas. He says that the PPF usually holds up well against it but it's easy to replace if needed. They are sponsors here on the forum in the Florida area so they have seen a lot of TMC cars go through.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Here's something funny. Service Centre changed my wing pinch sensors and trim to the latest generation which is supposed to fix the rubbing spot problem. They replaced everything, and after a few days, I notice that it is no longer rubbing on the old spot, but now paint is wearing away in a NEW spot. I just applied a new piece of XPEL to protect the new spots.

Goes to show that when you fix one thing, might just create new problems.

Here's something funny. Service Centre changed my wing pinch sensors and trim to the latest generation which is supposed to fix the rubbing spot problem. They replaced everything, and after a few days, I notice that it is no longer rubbing on the old spot, but now paint is wearing away in a NEW spot. I just applied a new piece of XPEL to protect the new spots.

Goes to show that when you fix one thing, might just create new problems.
I have noticed this as well. The new rubbing spots is better than the old ones though.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA