Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing upper glass hairline cracks with no apparent reason

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my MX brought to service center for a hairline crack on the upper glass on the falcon wing. There was no visible point of impact anywhere near the crack so I suspect that it could be anything from design, installation or material flaw which I believe should be covered by the car warranty. I had my X for over a year now driven over 15,000 miles.

Initial assessment from the sc, the replacement was free of charge but later in the day I was inform that it was not. I was assessed usd1300 for parts and labor.

Anyone, had similar problem?

I just had my MX brought to service center for a hairline crack on the upper glass on the falcon wing. There was no visible point of impact anywhere near the crack so I suspect that it could be anything from design, installation or material flaw which I believe should be covered by the car warranty. I had my X for over a year now driven over 15,000 miles.

Initial assessment from the sc, the replacement was free of charge but later in the day I was inform that it was not. I was assessed usd1300 for parts and labor.

Was the crack on or under the surface of the glass?

We just noticed cracks and a big scratch on the falcon wing glass. I made an appt for service. I’ve seen other comments where the warranty took care of this. My car is less than 6 months old. No reason for this to have happened. I will take pictures