Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon Wing upper glass hairline cracks with no apparent reason

RDFLORESHALSEY

Nov 8, 2018
Davis CA
I just had my MX brought to service center for a hairline crack on the upper glass on the falcon wing. There was no visible point of impact anywhere near the crack so I suspect that it could be anything from design, installation or material flaw which I believe should be covered by the car warranty. I had my X for over a year now driven over 15,000 miles.

Initial assessment from the sc, the replacement was free of charge but later in the day I was inform that it was not. I was assessed usd1300 for parts and labor.

Anyone, had similar problem?

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I just had my MX brought to service center for a hairline crack on the upper glass on the falcon wing. There was no visible point of impact anywhere near the crack so I suspect that it could be anything from design, installation or material flaw which I believe should be covered by the car warranty. I had my X for over a year now driven over 15,000 miles.

Initial assessment from the sc, the replacement was free of charge but later in the day I was inform that it was not. I was assessed usd1300 for parts and labor.

Was the crack on or under the surface of the glass?

ParkcityDiva

Jan 10, 2020
California

ParkcityDiva

Jan 10, 2020
California
We just noticed cracks and a big scratch on the falcon wing glass. I made an appt for service. I’ve seen other comments where the warranty took care of this. My car is less than 6 months old. No reason for this to have happened. I will take pictures

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
I have not noticed any problems with my X but am aware of another local owner who did and Tesla replaced under warranty.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC