Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail 235/55r19 on Gemini wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
woah so the Wildpeaks had basically no difference in the warmer weather?? you mentioned conti avg was 270Wh/mile, then winter was 310, then 272? If so, I'm sold on the Wildpeaks because they seem awesome but that 15% hit worried me
Winter efficiency will also be hugely dependent on the location you live in. Lower temperatures have bigger impact than tire size. Here in Seattle area i see constant 310-320Wh/m in winter and summer around 280 with the wildpeaks

• Love
Reactions: midnightCC
Winter efficiency will also be hugely dependent on the location you live in. Lower temperatures have bigger impact than tire size. Here in Seattle area i see constant 310-320Wh/m in winter and summer around 280 with the wildpeaks
Dude! thank you! I'm sold. I'm in Spokane, so I'll probably get worse winter, but I'm gonna be doing Snoqualmie and MT passes. I've heard the Quatrac Pros are maybe better in cold/snow because they have a softer rubber compound, which is why they're only 50k warranty vs wildpeaks 60k. But the fact that your efficiency is that good makes me want the WPs.
I thought the XL are constructed differently from standard tires? Anyway i might consider that option for when i need to replace tires. Good info.

Unfortunately due to timing issues i never went on the snow whit these tires yet. But can confirm rain and wet surface traction is many times better than before.

The logic of “stretching” tires in my case was because someone in the tire industry told me to go up one size in ratio and down one size in width. So since 235 is two sizes down and 55 two sizes up, it would technically minimize the stretched stress on the tire.
Of course the limiting factor is, of course you if you dig the looks of it or not, and the knuckle in the front wheel well. 245/55r19 definitely fit in there and it looks way better imo.
Also seeing as I'm going to be doing Snoqualmie and MT passes, I think the narrower tire actually is better. Schwabs has the following options (see table lol).

My stock 19'' Geminis were 255/45/19XL 104 H. Maybe I'm missing something but I think the 235s are still the best option? I don't think they look too stretched/stressed in your pictures, maybe someone else is seeing something I don't. But if either of the 245s would look better or give more rim protection I'd be in. I do tow a teardrop sometimes tho, so I don't really want to go with a lower rated load index.

I couldn't find WPs in the stock size.

SizeLoad IndexSpeed RatingUTQG
235/55R-19XL
V680 A A
245/45R-19XL
V680 A A
245/55R-19
V680 A A
Bigger than stock:
255/50R-19XL
V680 A A

Dude! thank you! I'm sold. I'm in Spokane, so I'll probably get worse winter, but I'm gonna be doing Snoqualmie and MT passes. I've heard the Quatrac Pros are maybe better in cold/snow because they have a softer rubber compound, which is why they're only 50k warranty vs wildpeaks 60k. But the fact that your efficiency is that good makes me want the WPs.

Also seeing as I'm going to be doing Snoqualmie and MT passes, I think the narrower tire actually is better. Schwabs has the following options (see table lol).

My stock 19'' Geminis were 255/45/19XL 104 H. Maybe I'm missing something but I think the 235s are still the best option? I don't think they look too stretched/stressed in your pictures, maybe someone else is seeing something I don't. But if either of the 245s would look better or give more rim protection I'd be in. I do tow a teardrop sometimes tho, so I don't really want to go with a lower rated load index.

I couldn't find WPs in the stock size.

SizeLoad IndexSpeed RatingUTQG
235/55R-19XL
V680 A A
245/45R-19XL
V680 A A
245/55R-19
V680 A A
Bigger than stock:
255/50R-19XL
V680 A A
All in all im more than satisfied with the wildpeaks. At least for my use case. The 245/45 are a new size not available when I ordered them. 255/50 will definitely give it a beefier look and more protection and apparently they do fit with stock suspension. If towing then I’d definitely stick to XL tires. 235/55 looks better than the oe continentals stretch wise. Im currently at around 55k miles with the tires and still got tread. Maybe I’ll have to change sometime next year

I live in SoCal
Wow, this is so awesome to hear. I live down in SoCal and have been running the stock tires, 255/45/R19 Continental ProContact Rx. 279wh/mi is my lifetime average with those tires after 63K miles driven.

I've been looking for a set of tires to use for going on light off-road and winter adventures (taking a road trip to Yellowstone in Feb, for example) and have been looking at the Wildpeaks. I assumed that they would take a significant range hit compared to my normal tires, so I would want to swap back and forth. But after reading about your experience, it sounds like I could just use the wildpeaks year-round with no range penalties. This is great, I'm completely sold now.

I got that same efficiency with my 19" OE Conti's when I lived in Seattle. Moved to Denver and was getting ~220wh/mi all summer on the same tires. Idk if it was all the hills in Seattle and constantly wet roads but my efficiency was always pretty bad there despite mild temps.

I got that same efficiency with my 19" OE Conti's when I lived in Seattle. Moved to Denver and was getting ~220wh/mi all summer on the same tires. Idk if it was all the hills in Seattle and constantly wet roads but my efficiency was always pretty bad there despite mild temps.
maybe all the water? extra air drag for being near sea level vs. thin air in denver?