Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fallout Shelter [game] issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody else play fallout shelter in their Model 3 ? I had never played the game before it was added on the last update. Really cool game but the Model 3 computer freaks out a lot. I have had three main issues, two intermittent and one constant.

The first one was really weird, playing the game, on a quest, and "Exception !!! Game wont save !!!" appeared in huge block letters on screen, and it didnt save the level I was on. See pic. Only happened once.

Second happens allllllll the time. While on the main vault screen it will suddenly freeze and the vehicle A/C will go to max power for a few seconds and then the game will unfreeze. Not sure if its a CPU heat issue and its trying to compensate, but it happens quite a bit.

Third is similar to the second, except happened after the last 2020.24.6.1 update. The screen froze, the A/C went to max, and then the display screen reset itself. The A/C stayed on max the entire time till the screen rebooted.

Anyone else play the game long enough for this to happen ?
FS1.jpg FS2.jpg

Reactions: Eagledon
That exception notice looks like something an engineer at Tesla put in because they got annoyed at Fallout Shelter bugging out. I don’t know if the save issue is still a problem on Android but I do hear my fiancé complain about a number of other bugs when she plays on her phone.

We have been playing Fallout Shelter a lot in our Model 3 LR AWD. We haven't had any of the issue you mentioned. One time Spotify wouldn't turn off and kept playing on/off in the background. Other than that it has been pretty flawless for us.
We are on 2020.28.1 at the moment.

Yes, the second issue, the freezing, happens all the time, exactly the way you’ve described it. It seems to be getting worse, possibly related to the size of the vault. Recently it has started freezing along with a buzzing sound and I need to reset the computer using the steering wheel scroll wheels. If this keeps up we will need to stop playing.

Anybody else play fallout shelter in their Model 3 ? I had never played the game before it was added on the last update. Really cool game but the Model 3 computer freaks out a lot. I have had three main issues, two intermittent and one constant.

The first one was really weird, playing the game, on a quest, and "Exception !!! Game wont save !!!" appeared in huge block letters on screen, and it didnt save the level I was on. See pic. Only happened once.

Second happens allllllll the time. While on the main vault screen it will suddenly freeze and the vehicle A/C will go to max power for a few seconds and then the game will unfreeze. Not sure if its a CPU heat issue and its trying to compensate, but it happens quite a bit.

Third is similar to the second, except happened after the last 2020.24.6.1 update. The screen froze, the A/C went to max, and then the display screen reset itself. The A/C stayed on max the entire time till the screen rebooted.

Anyone else play the game long enough for this to happen ?
View attachment 556173 View attachment 556174

This happens to me all the time. I thought it was a screen issue but it doesn't seem so. I also noticed when scrolling in the list of dwellers, it skips a few like I'm dragging down but I am not. It seems like the screen thinks there are multiple fingers on the screen when there is only one so it messes with the position of the cursor. No idea how to fix or if it's just my car.

AnyOne have the issue where you are adding people to the quest and adding stim packs and the scream goes back to the quest list and removes all stim and rad packs?

This has started happening to me. Got addicted to the game a couple weeks ago and it played flawlessly. Then, and maybe it's only a coincidence, I got a firmware update and now the game is buggy as hell.

First noticed that scrolling lists is a problem. Both dweller and outfits, every list with a scrollbar is super jumpy. It jumps to the end, doesn't let me scroll up again. That alone makes the game nearly unplayable.

And now it's crashing all the time. It starts being unresponsive and takes 10-20 seconds to respond to any input. The screen get's all muddled up with a bunch of elevator shafts. If I'm patient enough, it will eventually let me exit the game gracefully, but that takes several minutes of waiting.

Then I reboot the console and it plays great for maybe a minute before it all starts again. I have nearly 40 dwellers and put a lot of time into the game. I don't want to buy it on iPad, especially since it sounds buggy there as well.

Yup, ALL of the above is new. Just started with the last update. I have one workaround but the other is just stupid.

When adding stuff for quests, the screen doesn't like multiple touches in the same place. Use your finger to go back and forth to stim then med, then stim then med, till you get to the right number you want, OR just keep touching the screen to increase them, and move your fingers to opposite sides of the button, dont touch the same place twice. Same if you are selling or scrapping weapons, it does it there too.

The scroll is a prob that happens and I have no workaround.

On the bright side, I have had ZERO instances of it locking up from head and cranking the A/C up. I will trade that any day of the week, over the temperamental touch screen areas and scroll stupidity.

I used to play it a while back on Android and rediscovered it on Tesla. I'm annoyed that I can't play a saved Tesla game on Android. other versions of well save the cloud but it appears that the Tesla version does not. since I don't intend to sit in my car for 4 to 6 hours at a time this is annoying.

It did happen to me also, now I've stopped playing it in model 3 I don't know why but I am playing this game on my android, everytime I play this game is getting more and more addictive. In fact I've download the premium version that gives all the features for free and getting more into the game.