Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

False claims - bear on Chinese forum making claims about TMC members' portfolios

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMHO, the Chinese poster didn't accuse Bonnie trading with insider info, or sharing with others or urging anyone to follow her. It looks more like he/she collected some information from TMC posts and used strong words to support his/her own position in a "debate".

I do remember posts from some of the "Bonnie's 11" talked about reducing their own TSLA positions or expressed unhappiness with TM management, or model X ramp up frustration. What a memorable start of 2016! I myself was scared like chicken little (not TMC's chickenlittle :smile: ), screaming "sky is falling" in the deep of my heart. I loaded some at $149 and quickly got out at $172. BTW, Bonnie's 11 should be happy, you guys are famous around the world!

Anyway, as a native Chinese speaker, I just want to point out that seems some of the subtle things got amplified/distorted in translation. The original Chinese post was not that bad or evil.

IMHO, the Chinese poster didn't accuse Bonnie trading with insider info, or sharing with others or urging anyone to follow her. It looks more like he/she collected some information from TMC posts and used strong words to support his/her own position in a "debate".

I do remember posts from some of the "Bonnie's 11" talked about reducing their own TSLA positions or expressed unhappiness with TM management, or model X ramp up frustration. What a memorable start of 2016! I myself was scared like chicken little (not TMC's chickenlittle :smile: ), screaming "sky is falling" in the deep of my heart. I loaded some at $149 and quickly got out at $172. BTW, Bonnie's 11 should be happy, you guys are famous around the world!

Anyway, as a native Chinese speaker, I just want to point out that seems some of the subtle things got amplified/distorted in translation. The original Chinese post was not that bad or evil.

I posted one screenshot of 40+ -- you can't really draw conclusions from just one screen. In any case, I feel like the right info is out there and that's all I wanted.

Hahaha. There is no secret group!!!! Well, not that I can tell you about. :)

That's because we didn't invite you to your own secret group. :)

- - - Updated - - -

For example: Martha Stewart pleading guilty to insider trading on the stock for a drug company

This is another commonly misinterpreted thing. Stewart did NOT plead guilty to insider trading, nor was she convicted for it. She was convicted for lying to a federal agent during the course of the investigation. IMHO, she was scapegoated to take the public pressure off other people at the time.