Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fan continually running

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am on sw 2020.32.3. I always hear the fan running after parking in a garage. Thought I left door open, but not. As soon as I open the door, it stops. Anyone has a same experience? Thanks

Yes I am having the same issue. Thought it was a battery pack fan, but it is the HVAC for sure. Left windows down and came back out a while after, could feel it blowing through the vent sticking my hand through the window. Open door, it shuts off. Manually turn off the HVAC fan after a ride, and it turns back on automatically. Go on a drive and never turn on the AC, only using fan, park, come back out later and the HVAC fan is running again.

Unfortunately 2020.36.11 did not fix the strange fan running behaviour. I moved the car about 30m on our driveway an hour after my wife returned from a short trip. As I walked away the fan began to run at full speed. Unlocking the car stopped it.

Yes mine is doing that as well. Also with latest update My iPhone passive entry stopped working now I have to unlock phone and open the tesla app when the car goes to deep sleep and then walking up to it does not open it. Also the fan thing is there offcousre. Hope this gets resolved soon

How long is the fan running after you exit the car? I've never timed mine, but it does run for quite a while.
I noticed this behaviour only relatively recently, perhaps since 2020.48.10 or the one prior (36?). It's been at it for almost an hour now - seems excessive to me and it's not even very humid (60%, dewpoint under 12*C). Wouldn't mind hearing from others how long to expect it to run... Ta.

So what happens if you leave all doors open to the first 'click' all night? Like if you're working on the car? Apparently the fan doesn't run (which would be good), but what happens with the lights? Does car go to sleep after a while, like on most ICE cars, when battery saver kicks in? Curious about that. Besides, with frameless doors, it's better if the windows are not against the gaskets at home. Less prone to wind leaks over time.