Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future event made me crave another Tesla reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty sure it will have... seats.
We should know soon!
Screenshot_20170106-002340.png

What a horrible presentation.

Who coordinated this reveal?

Wait....you supposedly beat your competition on stage by .1 seconds. No wonder the crowd was astounded. LOL. I know they saw the apparent difference in 0-60 times.
Actually, I think it was 0.01 seconds. And who knows if they just made the numbers up since they were one at a time. Also, who drag races on carpet these days?

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
I pretty much never bet on anything, ever. That being said, I'd bet a lot of money on this being false. There are going to be so few Bolts made this year (it's a compliance car, after all) that passing this number will be easy.

Really? I might be mis-remembering, but I thought GM said they planned to sell 30,000 Bolts per year. I really would be surprised if 30,000 Model 3's get built and delivered in 2017.

Actually, I think it was 0.01 seconds. And who knows if they just made the numbers up since they were one at a time. Also, who drag races on carpet these days?
You might be right....which makes their statement really weird in that they say that their car "BLOWS" the competition away.

Was that carpet? Not a bad idea. Maybe they should carpet roads instead of putting all of that concrete out there.

I think the reason FF let's you reserve their car for free is that they can tell that they have X more reservations than the model 3 in the first X hours, just like they say that their car (that could be stripped of interior) can do 0-60 in X seconds less than a Tesla (which one?).

You might be right....which makes their statement really weird in that they say that their car "BLOWS" the competition away.

Was that carpet? Not a bad idea. Maybe they should carpet roads instead of putting all of that concrete out there.
I thought it was carpet, but I watched it on my phone, so I didn't have the best look at it. Could be wrong, and maybe it was just concrete.

Oh, there's no question it's stripped.
I was refering to the video where the FF is covered, before the release and it races a Model X if I'm not mistaken. I also think it's stripped, but in the sense that it could not even have seats like the picture you showed.

Was there another race between Tesla and FF besides that pre reveal video? (I did not see the whole reveal)

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
I was refering to the video where the FF is covered, before the release and it races a Model X if I'm not mistaken. I also think it's stripped, but in the sense that it could not even have seats like the picture you showed.

Was there another race between Tesla and FF besides that pre reveal video? (I did not see the whole reveal)
They should really put seats and everything in the car before they post any numbers.

This was the worst reveal in history. - I mean for goodness sake....the car didn't even move when they wanted it to go park itself.

Reactions: JoaoD
Oh, there's no question it's stripped.
T48qhU.jpg

I saw that guy sitting in the car with a helmet. Then once he was off stage we never saw or heard from here again. He's an experienced race car driver...why did he have a helmet and the driver not have one.

This was the most hilarious reveal of anything that I have ever seen.

When I saw that, the first thing that came to mind was this other misguided, helmeted photo op from years ago that also backfired:

n_hardball_4dukakis_131118.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Garlan Garner