Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future event made me crave another Tesla reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully, unlike with the FF91 reveal, the Model 3 won't be shy or timid in its upcoming Reveal Part Trois. :)
Did you see that glitch has more views on YouTube than their official reveal video ? It's sad because I like their branding / design but think they are reaching way too high in what they are trying to accomplish initially in their first production car...

Man is this a Tesla promise for 100k Model 3s by end of year? This would be a short situation if I ever saw one.
Whoa there. "Promise"? As far as I know no one at Tesla promised 100k Model 3s by the end of 2017.
Here's the Elon quote:
So as a rough guess, I would say we would aim to produce 100,000 to 200,000 Model 3s in the second half of next year. That’s my expectation right now

Tesla can hardly build 100k cars in an entire year right now. No chance in hell they build a 400k unit/yr factory and get it running anywhere close to full speed in 10 months. It would be shocking if the factory is running on all cylinders (lol) by 2018.
Well, the manufacturing lines to handle Model S and X weren't meant for terribly huge volume, there's no point if the demand isn't there. They are already doing better than expected for that class/price vehicle especially when compared to competitors. Tesla is dominating the Luxury sedan market. I can't say that this was fully anticipated many years ago. Heck, Elon underestimated Model 3 demand at first.

Model 3 is an entirely different beast.