Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a team of unmarried 20-somethings, living in high-density housing ... sure, it could work. For other unmarried 20-somethings living in high-density housing. Because they'd have no children, no spouse, no yard, no pets, no major grocery shopping and would find that design appealing. Problem is that's a smallish market. With a somewhat smallish income, compared to the rest of the market.

Seriously, that can't possibly be real.

If they spent any significant time on this they should be sent back to design school. It has to be a spoof.

Well, it's just a concept car, certainly not the production version.

If it's real (we will know in an hour) it reminds me a little of this old (1986) Peugeot Proxima concept car...

Peugeot Proxima — Wikipédia

Again, it likely has little to do design-wise with the actual production cars (they talked about a range of cars from the beginning) FF is going to ship.

Jalopnik's article says a source leaked that this really will be what Faraday Future will unveil, but that it is just a concept car and the layout of the production car will unlikely to be the same (meaning it won't be two seat tandem).
http://jalopnik.com/this-goofy-thing-apparently-really-is-the-faraday-futur-1750964524

Not sure why they felt the need to waste money on a concept that won't resemble what they will make, but I guess they hope this will generate some buzz.

Jalopnik's article says a source leaked that this really will be what Faraday Future will unveil, but that it is just a concept car and the layout of the production car will unlikely to be the same (meaning it won't be two seat tandem).
http://jalopnik.com/this-goofy-thing-apparently-really-is-the-faraday-futur-1750964524

Not sure why they felt the need to waste money on a concept that won't resemble what they will make, but I guess they hope this will generate some buzz.

That's one of the things I like about Tesla... to some extent its a matter of debate but IMO the production S and X were both superior to the concepts.

Faraday Future - Tesla Competitive Thoughts?

So, with the debut of this Faraday concept here at 8PM PST / 10PM CST, I thought it would be interesting to have a small discussion and collect thoughts from those who watch the unveiling here tonight/tomorrow.

1. What are you thoughts on what was revealed?
2. Comparison with current day / future day Model S?

FYI, the unveil live site is: Glimpse Into the Future

This looks like a collector's super car like Bugattis or other low production, fantastically expensive cars. The majority of buyers will be very wealthy people with a large garage full of sports cars.

I agree with others that they are making a huge mistake trying to follow that closely in Tesla's footsteps. If they were smart, they would go directly for the Model 3's market niche with their first car. They would likely produce a buggier car than the Model 3 will be (they have no experience building cars whereas Tesla has a lot of lessons learned from the Roadster through the Model X), but they have a better chance of making it going for that market. Tesla did (starting with very expensive cars and working their way down) what they did to sell the public on the idea as well as leveraging their way into a mass market car starting with a fairly modest war chest. FF has a founder with more money than Elon had and potentially has more money to start with.

My prediction is they will go under in a year or two and Tesla might pick up their Nevada factory on the cheap for round 2 of Model 3 production (when the Fremont factory is topped out).