Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faraday Future

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autonomous driving with that? That won't survive a day...
2015-12-31 02.38.13 pm.png

Faraday Future loses battery designer before EV's debut at CES

Faraday Future Inc., the electric-car startup backed by Chinese Internet billionaire Jia Yueting, lost its chief battery architect ahead of introducing its concept vehicle at this week’s International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.

Porter Harris left the company this month and lists his current employer as Lotus Research and Development LLC on his LinkedIn Page.

Faraday hired Harris from Space Exploration Technologies, or SpaceX, the rocket company led by Tesla Motors Inc.’s Elon Musk. Harris worked at Faraday for 15 months.

http://www.autonews.com/article/201...oses-battery-designer-before-evs-debut-at-ces

Speculate no longer ... their app was launched a little prematurely, details extracted before it got pulled.

Spoiler: It is a 1000hp, 4 motor, 2 seater with a "chain battery" and it looks like the Batmobile. Oh well.

Link

My eyes and brain hurt. What a let down :cursing:

And it has an aerodynamic rear tail fin that doubles as a digital canvas display. Cool it will be in the next Mission Impossible movie with dynamic product placement ads on the tail fin. Way to go.:eek:

Last edited:
My eyes and brain hurt. What a let down :cursing:

And it has an aerodynamic rear tail fin that doubles as a digital canvas display. Cool it will be in the next Mission Impossible movie with dynamic product placement ads on the tail fin. Way to go.:eek:
now we know why company full of ex tesla employees

will wait for the 8 motor version

if this is true, I feel sorry for Nevada government

Last edited:
If that is really what FF is going to produce and sell it is a massive disappointment. Just another impractical EV "super car" that few can afford with capabilities that can't be enjoyed on public roads. I don't care if a car can go 200mph, that is useless to me. It appears to hold just two people, tandem seating, and likely very little cargo space. Zero to 60 close to the P90D. And you know it will cost over $200K.
Oh well, time to move on...

FF is not building a $1B factory to EXCLUSIVELY build this supercar.

Zero Chance.

Low volume proof of concept.

This is,effectively, their Roadster. With hindsight that converting a Lotus is not practical. Might as well start from scratch if you are charging $160k-$200k per car.

I doubt this supercar (well, the dressed down production version) will be part of their "electric mobility as a service" where you can buy 20 hrs per week for $99.99.

Their "mid-volume mid-priced" vehicle will come next i.e. their Model S.

Anyone expecting a Model 3/Bolt EV/LEAF 2.0 KILLER out of the gate from a start-up does not follow the EV industry very closely.

A Mid Sized Sedan with 300 mile range for $29.9k was never going to happen.

Low volume proof of concept.

Why? It's already been proven what can be done with an EV and how to do it (and by some of the people there at Faraday via Tesla). There'd be less than zero reason to start with a proof of concept car.

I doubt this supercar (well, the dressed down production version) will be part of their "electric mobility as a service" where you can buy 20 hrs per week for $99.99.

I don't get it. They don't talk much, but when they do talk that's all they talk about (what would you think if the back seat became the front seat, blah, blah, blah) only to show something entirely unrealistic and not even a little bit part of their shtick. Yeah, I don't get it unless this leak is wrong.

IMO, It is a concept car, just (more) marketing & hype to get people talking about the brand. Everything we have seen and heard from them so far is marketing. They are preparing the way for a huge round of financing.

Maybe too soon to write them off, but they do remind me of a few other almost-rans, such as the Lightning Car Company, who were due to launch in 2009..err...2012. err... 2013... no, definitely by the end of 2015... :redface: