Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Faster way to auto tilt mirrors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Most cars I have owned allow the auto tilting of mirrors during reverse to be toggled by the adjust mirror button on the drivers side door. Is there something similar with the the MS? I find it too cumbersome to dig through the menus while I am in the process of reversing. Sometimes I want the auto tilt and sometimes I don't, based on what I am backing into. I'd like an easier way to switch between the two.

Most cars I have owned allow the auto tilting of mirrors during reverse to be toggled by the adjust mirror button on the drivers side door. Is there something similar with the the MS? I find it too cumbersome to dig through the menus while I am in the process of reversing. Sometimes I want the auto tilt and sometimes I don't, based on what I am backing into. I'd like an easier way to switch between the two.
This may not be what you're asking for, but I just use the middle button.

The answer to your question is No unfortunately. There isnt a way to toggle the auto-tilting mirrors in reverse other than manually toggling it off and on through the menu's. Also there is no way to make them tilt faster. Its an always ON or always OFF feature.

The "middle" button others are referring to are auto-FOLDING mirrors which is the middle button on your drivers armrest between the left and right mirror buttons to manually fold the mirrors towards the car, not the same as auto-tilting which is the actual mirrors tilting to your preference when you go into reverse.

Hope that helps!

The "middle" button others are referring to are auto-FOLDING mirrors which is the middle button on your drivers armrest between the left and right mirror buttons to manually fold the mirrors towards the car, not the same as auto-tilting which is the actual mirrors tilting to your preference when you go into reverse.

Hope that helps!
Which is pretty much what I was unsure of, and why I couched my reply as "may not be what you're asking for". Otherwise, agreed.

Maybe its part of the tech package but I have a setting in the controls to turn Autotilt on. When in reverse, adjust the side mirrors to your preferred reversing setting. Then with Autotilt on, every time you shift into reverse, the mirrors will tilt to the reverse settings.

Maybe its part of the tech package but I have a setting in the controls to turn Autotilt on. When in reverse, adjust the side mirrors to your preferred reversing setting. Then with Autotilt on, every time you shift into reverse, the mirrors will tilt to the reverse settings.
+1 I have a base 60 no options when I set my driver profile I set mirror settings in drive and reverse and saved. Do for each driver. ITS IN THE MANUAL

+1 I have a base 60 no options when I set my driver profile I set mirror settings in drive and reverse and saved. Do for each driver. ITS IN THE MANUAL

I'm almost certain the OP knows about how to cause the mirrors to auto-tilt. He or she was asking if there was a simple way, without going through the menus, to toggle the auto-tilting for times when he or she wants to reverse and not have the mirrors auto-tilt.

Reactions: BBB4000
When manoeuvring I find it frustrating that mirrors AND camera reset when i select D - when I reselect R there is a delay whilst both of them react. I now select the camera before I reverse to keep it displayed until I'm done (from memory I cannot press Camera Icon when camera already displayed because I selected R, so i have to do this before selecting R ... and chances are that I don't remember.