Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fatal Flaw with Text Support (2019.40.50.1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the wrong message happens often and i'm starting to wonder if it has anything to do with the RCS or not. i received a message on the car's display the other day, from a friend that sent me the message several months ago. what a weird thing to do.

This is more of an issue with Google Messenger or Android RCS implementation rather than Tesla. I have this same issue in my MX *BUT* I also have this exact same issue in our Ford Focus Electric with a completely different implementation using Android Auto.

My biggest issue with the feature is there doesn't seem to be a way to send a new message from the UI if you didn't receive a message first. (maybe there is a voice command?) Like if I'm picking someone up and I just want to text them "I'm here" real quick, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. I have to pull my phone out or use my watch.

My biggest issue with the feature is there doesn't seem to be a way to send a new message from the UI if you didn't receive a message first. (maybe there is a voice command?) Like if I'm picking someone up and I just want to text them "I'm here" real quick, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. I have to pull my phone out or use my watch.

Voice command does it