TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Features that should be standard (Not AP)

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by zarman, Mar 29, 2019.

1. zarman

zarman Member

I have driven many other vehicles over the years and the Model S I now own is pleasure to drive even without Auto Pilot. In my area which is very rural I felt AP would have been unnecessary. BUT I wonder why Tesla does not have Traffic Aware Cruise Control as a standard feature. Every car made after 2016 I have ever driven does. Even a cheap little Toyota Corolla. This would be an easy update via the software and not infringe on the AP/Autosteer users' enhanced system.

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

My guess is money.

Tesla wants you to pay $3,000 more as an optional feature instead of including it as standard.