Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case you have not seen it yet in any of the threads. Make sure your profile is complete. That includes trade in and payment method.

It is recommended you select no trade in and cash for payment method. Both of these expire after 30 and 60 days and would need to be reset. When they expire, expect your EDD to push back. By selecting no trade in and cash payment, is nothing to expire, so you don’t have to keep resetting.

As you get close and have a VIN assigned, you can have Tesla change these to get a trade in offer and/or change to finance.
Thank you for the tip! Thanks to this forum I had already done what you suggested.

I ordered my MYP last week and is already changed from April to March 17-March 31st. I’m in WI but being delivered to IL. I am contemplating putting a hold/pause on it as I will be on spring break with family and, more importantly, want to wait for the 4860 battery. Has Austin delivered any cars yet? Not sure why I wouldn’t wait for new ones. Lastly, I should get VIN shortly, that will tell me which plant it’s coming out of.

Correct, Finance is 60 days.
Is this the general idea? I’m planning on financing, but when I place the order, should I say I’m paying in cash? Then when I get a VIN assigned, I can switch to financing?

Thanks in advance. Pulling the trigger very soon and want to do what I can to make short the wait isn’t delayed further than it currently is.

Is this the general idea? I’m planning on financing, but when I place the order, should I say I’m paying in cash? Then when I get a VIN assigned, I can switch to financing?

Thanks in advance. Pulling the trigger very soon and want to do what I can to make short the wait isn’t delayed further than it currently is.
No this is a industry wide thing, nothing decided by Tesla. I wrote loans for people and once the application was open for 60+ days, you would have to pull another credit report.

Based off of what I have read here on the forum, you should select cash and no trade in, then once you have a VIN assigned you can get in contact with your SA and they can make the changes.

I ordered my MYP last week and is already changed from April to March 17-March 31st. I’m in WI but being delivered to IL. I am contemplating putting a hold/pause on it as I will be on spring break with family and, more importantly, want to wait for the 4860 battery. Has Austin delivered any cars yet? Not sure why I wouldn’t wait for new ones. Lastly, I should get VIN shortly, that will tell me which plant it’s coming out of.
Austin has not delivered any cars. There is rumors going around Facebook and this forum that an Austin VIN has been assigned, but no one has really chimed in and said their VIN is from Austin.

I just went through Jan order thread since I just realized that my original order date was Jan 27, but updated trade-in and finance to cash on Feb 6.

In that thread, there's quite a few people whose EDDs have changed suddenly from few months away to March. May be this will soon arrive to those cars ordered during Feb? This is for MYLR.

This isn't promising....

1646255085479.png