Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Final Invoice Plan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone intending to pay their final invoice now seeing as its appeared? Do you think by paying it you then land onto a paid list of customers where they will prioritise your delivery arrangement over others who have yet to pay? Seems like a logical approach to move cars fast once they begin to arrive.

Is anyone intending to pay their final invoice now seeing as its appeared? Do you think by paying it you then land onto a paid list of customers where they will prioritise your delivery arrangement over others who have yet to pay? Seems like a logical approach to move cars fast once they begin to arrive.
Your train of thought certainly seems logical, but is it Teslalogical?

• Funny
Reactions: GraemeS and Durzel
I doubt its that simple, in reality they have thousands of cars to deal with. I suspect it might be a case of whatever comes off first, gets charged up and then put on a transporter will be first, which is most likely why we've all been given large windows for delivery. I highly doubt there is a specific loading and unloading order that matches reservation and order number.

Yes true. As the speed of the process will be paramount in them having any chance of coping with this many cars it feels like if they have a bunch of arrivals the initial thing to do would be to see who has paid and match with any corresponding cars they have first for the quickest transaction.

It is amazing that no one that works for Tesla are in this forum chipping in. Unless they have been told not to say anything.
It always shocking to we tend to be more knowledgeable than those at working at the dealers.

I don't know whether to pay. I got a final invoice about a week ago (required for the EST loan) and I now have the cash ready to pay.

I called them today and was told I'd get an email from Clair Collins with information, but I now realise that's who forwarded the invoice to me and the EST last week. Is this the email he meant? I have no idea, but I don't know that I can be bothered calling back! Maybe I should just pay... :confused:

According to the final invoice, full payment is required at least 7 days before delivery.

That's just scary wording... People have had delivery dates moved up with 2-3 day notice, paid the day before and got the car.

I wouldn't pay until you have a solid delivery date, not a range. That said, if the range is all you have, and its imminent, like next week, then I'd probably consider paying. They should really give you a solid date before a week before the range starts....

and the 2 of us are still fighting for that P+, Black, White interior right...? :)

I also got the text 7th/20th and no final invoice in my account
Haha, that's the one!

I think I'm going to have to change my delivery centre to Edinburgh though. Just spent 1h10m on hold to try change it but never got through...

What number are people using to contact Tesla? 01895 714009?

In the US, the pay portal wasn't opened up for me until just before delivery. I'm going to assume that someone for smart and open a number of yours early. Once the VINs get assigned and delivery imminent, there really isn't a reason not to.

I really doubt that finishing the payment is going to have anything to do with the delivery order. To the contrary, the placement of your car in the storage lot or ship is going to be the determining order. Cars come off the ship into the yard. Car carriers get the cars from the yard and send to the stores. Cars in the store move out as quickly as possible, as the stores don't have room for a lot of cars.

Pulling specific VINs out of a parking lot, shipping just those on the car carriers to the stores is definitely not something would want to do to optimize delivery.
And changing delivery location at this point may not be possible and will probably slow delivery.

Reactions: Rooster6655