Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Arrived! Subtle Enhancements with pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firstly thanks for all the advice on here. The car has finally arrived and to keep me happy I’ve added a few enhancements. Enjoying it so far.....
D301F158-E731-4827-8244-C35AB1E2839A.jpeg
6437239D-51E6-4F45-8C8F-5756D621351E.jpeg
5679BC00-248D-488F-9794-2A7B7E71C336.jpeg
81EF363B-B49E-4A73-A236-4903212FFA88.jpeg
38258B9C-6B3E-4E66-ADDA-5B6AA37B7FE6.jpeg
3E174C77-DCA6-4D0D-A53A-7D491B49FC96.jpeg
AC5836F8-CC69-4CAE-ADE8-D2CF300906D3.jpeg
02E37DB1-2B13-4918-BDA7-8D6C45E4A1DD.jpeg
9CE2FC65-7AAF-4B2F-A3AE-49B252B7EB01.jpeg
73C9B236-A0A6-49F8-A359-598B0F146D64.jpeg

How much did that all cost if you don't mind me asking? Do you know how much the chrome delete aspect cost?

Is it me or has the front plate got some air bubbles in?
Yes it has. It went on with ease and was perfect. But the day after collecting it and driving home it had accumulated plenty of flies, so I lightly soaked the nose cone face with a mitt to remove them. Next morning I noticed the bubbles. I’ll try heating with a hair dyer to see if they disappear or just replace.

Reactions: TomD
How do you fit the number plate without the bracket?
Very straightforward...

Take the outer Tesla plastic frame/bracket off (two screws) then you're left with a bracket that attaches to the bumper.
Mount a plastic number plate to the bracket.

I also used sticky pads on the ends to help the plate follow the bend/contour of the bumper.
numberplate1.jpg
numberplate2.jpg

Take the outer Tesla plastic frame/bracket off (two screws) then you're left with a bracket that attaches to the bumper.
Mount a plastic number plate to the bracket.

I was briefly looking at our front plate (without dismantling) this morning and it wasn't clear if the plate would obscure the original mounting bracket. By looks of yours it does? Apart from taping at the ends, how did you secure to the mount - looks like a couple of screws? Do you think it would mount with just tape?

I was briefly looking at our front plate (without dismantling) this morning and it wasn't clear if the plate would obscure the original mounting bracket. By looks of yours it does? Apart from taping at the ends, how did you secure to the mount - looks like a couple of screws? Do you think it would mount with just tape?

The plate comfortably covers the mounting bracket such that you can barely see it.

Secured with a couple of screws, simply because of the bend - however the end pieces of sticky pads have held, so I'd be quietly confident the whole thing would work with pads

• Helpful
Reactions: MrBadger
The plate comfortably covers the mounting bracket such that you can barely see it.

Secured with a couple of screws, simply because of the bend - however the end pieces of sticky pads have held, so I'd be quietly confident the whole thing would work with pads
Whole thing does work with pads, I've done it. (The Tesla standard number plate is tin/aluminium backing, so you can carefully bend/shape it over your knee so it fits snug with sticky pads, and no screws).

Yes it has. It went on with ease and was perfect. But the day after collecting it and driving home it had accumulated plenty of flies, so I lightly soaked the nose cone face with a mitt to remove them. Next morning I noticed the bubbles. I’ll try heating with a hair dyer to see if they disappear or just replace.

Those"bubbles" will be the original fixing holes. I did remove any proud swarf on my car first to ensure the reg plate stuck flush but wished I had filled them first as the sticker tends to lift on them.

What is worse is when I stuck my new aluminium plate to the boot, it wasn't straight and is very slightly on the piss!

Bloody tape sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.

Those"bubbles" will be the original fixing holes. I did remove any proud swarf on my car first to ensure the reg plate stuck flush but wished I had filled them first as the sticker tends to lift on them.

What is worse is when I stuck my new aluminium plate to the boot, it wasn't straight and is very slightly on the piss!

Bloody tape sticks like the proverbial to a blanket.
They are bubbles as the holes are filled.