Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally gonna do it.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have been a long time Tesla fan and put a deposit down last year on my birthday waiting to get the base model. The more I read about how many cool items may be eliminated from that model, gonna pull the trigger on a MR with a few upgrades.

Taxes in Florida jumped to 7% in January and interested rates are climbing. Anyone have a recommendation where to shop for a loan? Thanks for you help.

Reactions: mswlogo
Welcome. I can't help with your loan question, but do want you to be sure that your use case makes the MR the best model (vs LR).
I expect that Tesla will bring back the RWD LR as soon as the EU initial demand for the P and AWD has been satisfied. I use my 3 in Florida a lot, and have found that at highway speeds (~80mph), my range in Florida is about 80% of the listed range assuming dry roads and no wind of consequence. Just be sure your use case still screams MR now, as opposed to waiting a few months to see if Tesla again makes LR RWD available. Oh also I read somewhere on the forum today that Tesla does have new inventory LR RWDs floating around the US, if that extra range is of interest to you.

Welcome. I can't help with your loan question, but do want you to be sure that your use case makes the MR the best model (vs LR).
I expect that Tesla will bring back the RWD LR as soon as the EU initial demand for the P and AWD has been satisfied. I use my 3 in Florida a lot, and have found that at highway speeds (~80mph), my range in Florida is about 80% of the listed range assuming dry roads and no wind of consequence. Just be sure your use case still screams MR now, as opposed to waiting a few months to see if Tesla again makes LR RWD available. Oh also I read somewhere on the forum today that Tesla does have new inventory LR RWDs floating around the US, if that extra range is of interest to you.

Thank you so much for your response. Going to us the car mainly for local driving with an occasional trip to Orlando from the Boca area.

Reactions: suwaneedad
i have been a long time Tesla fan and put a deposit down last year on my birthday waiting to get the base model. The more I read about how many cool items may be eliminated from that model, gonna pull the trigger on a MR with a few upgrades.

Taxes in Florida jumped to 7% in January and interested rates are climbing. Anyone have a recommendation where to shop for a loan? Thanks for you help.
This thread will show you rates from many different lenders:

Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus

Congratulations! And it's about time! Just kidding, looking back at all this in hindsight, you will still be seen as an early adopter.

And I think your reasoning is valid. The main reason we ordered our second Model 3 so soon after we bought the first one is that I recognized that Musk had bet the company on the Model 3 and erred on the side of quality on the first year production (this was no $35,000 car, even with a smaller battery). He knew the markets would forgive him for thin margins more easily than if he produced a bunch of junkers with cheap stuff that broke/wore out easily. The main value of the company that is Tesla is their good name. You don't sell that off for some cheap profits. Which is why I'm troubled by the recent murmurings of poor customer service. Fortunately, neither of our model 3's have needed a single thing. Still, I hope their customer service issues get ironed out soon.

Enjoy your new car. It's one fine machine!

Reactions: suwaneedad
Congratulations! And it's about time! Just kidding, looking back at all this in hindsight, you will still be seen as an early adopter.

And I think your reasoning is valid. The main reason we ordered our second Model 3 so soon after we bought the first one is that I recognized that Musk had bet the company on the Model 3 and erred on the side of quality on the first year production (this was no $35,000 car, even with a smaller battery). He knew the markets would forgive him for thin margins more easily than if he produced a bunch of junkers with cheap stuff that broke/wore out easily. The main value of the company that is Tesla is their good name. You don't sell that off for some cheap profits. Which is why I'm troubled by the recent murmurings of poor customer service. Fortunately, neither of our model 3's have needed a single thing. Still, I hope their customer service issues get ironed out soon.

Enjoy your new car. It's one fine machine!

Thanks for your response StealthP3D. Should have done this with the full tax credit. Procrastination can be painful, but gonna get in the game. Hope my vehicle is as maintenance free as yours. Now. Just need to find some reasonable financing.

Reactions: StealthP3D
Thanks for your response StealthP3D. Should have done this with the full tax credit. Procrastination can be painful, but gonna get in the game. Hope my vehicle is as maintenance free as yours. Now. Just need to find some reasonable financing.
Nah, the cars price dropped 2k, so you save more upfront and pay less taxes on it vs waiting for a tax return, plus your getting a more up to date car, and less chance of having delivery issues. I still have to take mine back for crap rattling in my door panels, it's been a monthly / bi-weekly service center vist for me, which is probably from repairs done by the body shop, which was probably needed due to damage done in transport or and/or rushing production. $1750 more to not deal with these things would be great. Tax here is still much higher than 7% so no worries, tax is what it is. Enjoy the car!

Maybe you will get AP 3.0 hardware and or the new updated battery pack, which is pretty cool. You will get a car with the sound insulation installed in the rear passenger area, all the early cars sound like a tin can when you tap on the floor!

Nah, the cars price dropped 2k, so you save more upfront and pay less taxes on it vs waiting for a tax return, plus your getting a more up to date car, and less chance of having delivery issues. I still have to take mine back for crap rattling in my door panels, it's been a monthly / bi-weekly service center vist for me, which is probably from repairs done by the body shop, which was probably needed due to damage done in transport or and/or rushing production. $1750 more to not deal with these things would be great. Tax here is still much higher than 7% so no worries, tax is what it is. Enjoy the car!

Maybe you will get AP 3.0 hardware and or the new updated battery pack, which is pretty cool. You will get a car with the sound insulation installed in the rear passenger area, all the early cars sound like a tin can when you tap on the floor!

Thank you for your message. Will have to see what surprises are in store when I pick it up.

Reactions: Glamisduner
Getting close. Picked my excact car from inventory last Tuesday. Picking it up this Tuesday! Midnight silver metallic mid range, black and white premium interior, 19 sport wheels, enhanced autopilot. The anticipation is killing me!

Reactions: SMAlset
Nice! Congrats. I just ordered last week and am picking my car up on Friday. I've never bought a new car before! I'm also very excited.
Hey littleweep! Pick mine up today! Just incredible! Took longer than I thought for the orientation because they gave a fresh rookie to explain the car. She did not know important details. Got her boss to help out.

Car had 14 miles on delivery. Now has 30. Sleeping in the garage. The car that is. Haha. Can’t wait for my commute in the morning!

• Love
Reactions: dm95884
Hey littleweep! Pick mine up today! Just incredible! Took longer than I thought for the orientation because they gave a fresh rookie to explain the car. She did not know important details. Got her boss to help out.

Car had 14 miles on delivery. Now has 30. Sleeping in the garage. The car that is. Haha. Can’t wait for my commute in the morning!

Congrats -- very happy to you. Curious to hear on the $1100 as well. It kind of stings having just paid $1100 more. I would never run up $1100 in 9 months of super charging.

You mean you’re not sleeping in the garage in your car after just getting it??! Lol. I can say I couldn’t wait to drive mine the next morning. And still enjoy a morning ritual of taking it for coffee and sitting in it at the SB parking lot listening to the radio or catching up on news on my phone while enjoying my coffee. Had it a few months now and it still feels new. Never enjoyed driving a new car this much. Congrats. Your MSM with the white seats choice is a stunning look. Happy trails and welcome to the family.

Reactions: srjinatl
Thanks everyone for the support I’m getting with my new car yesterday. Drove her to work today in typical commuter congestion. Love the ride with the auto pilot! Truly amazing.

Regarding the $1100, had no clue about it until Arif sent a message late last night. Did not see it till this morning. An office mate also showed me an article in a business journal. Unbelievable. I call my store at 10 AM and ask them what’s going on. The friendly guy on the other end of the line said he wasn’t really sure he would get back to me. I called back at 4 PM this afternoon. The guy there said the announcement was made at 10 PM last night and anyone from that time forward got the discounted rate. I left the store yesterday four hours before that time. Think I kind of shocked him when I said OK I’m within the three day no questions asked timeframe, how do I return the car? He hesitated a little bit and said let me put you on hold for a minute. About five minutes later he came back and said the store manager indicated that since I am within the three day timeframe, Tesla would be sending a check for the $1100! I was kind of surprised it was back easy! I will let everyone know when the check arrives. Hopefully you guys were able to do the same thing if you are in a similar situation.

Last edited: