Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally got my KW V3 installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waited almost how long?...5 months? to get my M3P KW V3 in Hong Kong.

Don't ask why the wheel gap is so big, they are now on highest setting, so no scrapping to the CF lips. Probably go lower later on. Couldn't fit the MPP rear camber kit as my car has height senor and the kit doesn't come with a bracket for it. =/

20200424_12215262cb2f7ec37c6b31.jpg

20200424_12324203ca5fcbaef18689.jpg

20200424_123831aec51337c01f7cd0.jpg

20200424_130136dcf40ec3ca192503.jpg

Other Model 3 owners
20200424_102553049c7e5f335834a7.jpg

20200424_135933479a08fbacd1c044.jpg

It is currently set to 12 clicks and highest height. No more harsh bumpy ride on stock suspension, I can feel every bumps on the road like every car with coilover should behave.

I upgraded to 20" HRE on Day 1, so there is no comparison between stock wheels + stock suspension vs aftermarket wheels + KW, but definitely no scary moment around tight corners.

My buddy also installed the same set on his M3P, he described he has a cup holder full of coins and they rattled everyday, now the rattling is gone.

• Love
Reactions: Junni
The white one is just a visitor from the Hong Kong Owners Group. Just stock wheels, stock suspension, with Revozport bodykit painted.

I see Eibach Sway Bars are on sales, any user or post saying whether it is recommended?

Where do you get a chance to actually experience the thrill of higher speeds in HK? I haven't lived there in a while, but I used to have to drive out to Sha Tin to find some open roads to enjoy my car (a 500SL) at the time. Going much more than 10-15km/h over the speed limit in HK island was a recipe for getting photo-ticketed. :)

Best,

I see MPP has 3 setups.. comfort, sports, and adjustable comfort. The KW version looks like it a close cousin of the adjustable comfort solely based on the description on the KW site. Maybe they are the same except the KWs skew towards Lakers fans and that is fine by me ;)
I think they're literally the same thing except that MPP's are t00ned differently? Maybe also some different odds & ends? @MountainPass ?

You’re saying the the sports are based on the V3 and the new MPP comfort adjustable are not? Not trying to put words in your mouth or anything. Just curious if you know that the comfort adjustable model isn’t.
The “comfort-only” clearly don’t look like V3.

Whether the suspension is 'sports' or 'comfort' is down to it's spring rates and internal damper valving. The KW V3 is a sports suspension designed for road and track use. It's spring rates are on the firm side, but because the compression and rebound damping is adjustable, they can be adjusted so they are fairly comfortable for the road. Comfort is very subjective, but IMO, KW V3 are perfect for daily driving with the damping adjusted towards the soft end.

Whether the suspension is 'sports' or 'comfort' is down to it's spring rates and internal damper valving. The KW V3 is a sports suspension designed for road and track use. It's spring rates are on the firm side, but because the compression and rebound damping is adjustable, they can be adjusted so they are fairly comfortable for the road. Comfort is very subjective, but IMO, KW V3 are perfect for daily driving with the damping adjusted towards the soft end.
Again.... MPP has 2 adjustable sets:

Comfort Adjustable: https://www.mountainpassperformance...comfort-adjustable-coilovers-awd-performance/

“Sports”:
https://www.mountainpassperformance...3-sports-coilovers-awd-performance-pre-order/

And, one non-adjustable called Comfort:
https://www.mountainpassperformance...-coilovers-awd-performance-package-pre-order/

I’m not asking for anything other than if one of the first 2 might be the same as the ones that OP Used.