Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally happened. Bumped rear wheel on a turn. Fixable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I can still see where the wheel was damaged, but it does look allot better. If you zoom in you can see a line where the repair was made, and it's more rounded and less flat than the rest of the wheel, but it's pretty close I guess.
Duner, they did a great job with a pretty good chunk of rim rash. I've been able to hide the one small bit I did to mine, luckily. Can you post the shop you used? A few of our older San Diego communities have real short driveway curb aprons and that's what got me. Thanks for the info and the post.

Duner, they did a great job with a pretty good chunk of rim rash. I've been able to hide the one small bit I did to mine, luckily. Can you post the shop you used? A few of our older San Diego communities have real short driveway curb aprons and that's what got me. Thanks for the info and the post.
It was AJ Wheel Repair out of San Diego. The guy is a mobile shop. I had a cheaper quote from a shop but this guy was able to do it right away so no one at work will need to see my shamefull driving mistake.

That’s crazy. You could have had them repaired for no more than $250. I had one repaired and it was done perfectly like new.

I had an appointment 2 days later to replace the tires with ASs, so I felt rushed just to get it ready for the new tires. I also wanted to take it to tesla to make sure I didn't damage any other part of the suspension.

Spending $900 on a rim sucks, but that's not the kind fo money that hurts me too badly, and I just wanted it done.

I kept the old one. I'm willing to sell it cheap if someone lives in the area and wants to come pick it up.

Well I can still see where the wheel was damaged, but it does look allot better. If you zoom in you can see a line where the repair was made, and it's more rounded and less flat than the rest of the wheel, but it's pretty close I guess.
How you liking the Michelins? i ended up getting a set of Falken F510 since the tire rack distributer didn't have any Pilot Super Sports near by. Also what tire dressing is that? Looks shiny!

How you liking the Michelins? i ended up getting a set of Falken F510 since the tire rack distributer didn't have any Pilot Super Sports near by. Also what tire dressing is that? Looks shiny!
They grip really well in the rain compared to the mxm4, but I'm taking a pretty big range hit with them. Not sure on the tire dressing, I don't like the shiny ones myself so I don't use them. The wheel repair guy put it on there.

I need to rotate my tires but it will have to wait until everything is dried.

In Santee - AFW - American factory wheels
I promise you’ll be happy - had worse damage on S wheels and it was 100ish
Also repairs bent and broken rims (I’d be worried about bent rim if I were OP)
Also, puts on spare rims during repairs

Reactions: Kleenerth3
it looks good from a distance (no one has noticed) but up close I think the work could have been better. Maybe I should take it to another shop and see if they can fix it the rest of the way?

Attachments

• wheelrepair2.jpg
    wheelrepair2.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Kleenerth3