Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Steering Creak after Control arm replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I experienced a creak while steering a couple of weeks ago when the cold hit us. I assumed it was the upper control arms and since I never had them replaced, and I have a 2018, I figured it was time to replace them.. I ordered some Meyle HD Control arms and replaced them last night without much issues. I kept the vehicle outside all night and when I tested the steering this morning there is still a creak when turning the wheel either way. When the creak first started it was pretty bad. You could hear while turning at any speed. Now it can only be heard when turning the wheel while stopped. Honestly, someone new to my car might not even notice it but it is still there!

Are there any lubrication points that I am not aware of? I remember a mobile tech lubricating some front suspension parts a while back but I can't remember what he did. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

It creaks when it is stationary and in park. I ended up speaking for Tesla service and they think its the lower link. They found that lubrication doesn't fix the problem as the bushings are probably worn. Probably the route I am going to go