Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally received the NJ PSE&G EV BTM $1500.00 rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I apply after the charger installation? I am trying to find the steps I need to follow and here is what I found. It looks like I will need to wait for the approval in Step 5 before the installation?

Step 1: Customer reviews Eligibility Requirements and submits an application through the EV Portal.
Step 2: The customer may receive an email stating that they qualify for the EV Charging Program. Once qualified, the customer must continue following the below steps to become fully enrolled in the EV Charging Program.
Step 3: If qualified, the customer will receive electric service upgrade form(s). The form(s) will need to be completed by the customer’s electrician and emailed to [email protected]. This step starts the New Business Process, which is required to review any new or changed load, such as the installation of an EV smart charger.
Step 4: After PSE&G engineers evaluate the customer’s application, a New Business Representative will determine if a service upgrade is needed. If so, the customer will be advised if there is a cost to provide this service upgrade. The EV Charging Program USMR offset will already be factored into this cost estimate, thereby lowering or eliminating any cost for which the customer is responsible.
  • If no service upgrade is required, the New Business Process is complete and the customer may proceed to the next step.
  • If a service upgrade is required, the customer will need to submit any required payment to initiate PSE&G’s service upgrade work. The New Business Representative will subsequently notify the customer when the service upgrade work is done and the New Business Process is complete.
Step 5: After the New Business Process is completed, the customer proceeds with the EV smart charger installation.
Step 6: After the EV smart charger is installed, the customer uploads all required documents to the EV Portal. Please see the FAQ below for the full list of required documents.
Step 7: The PSE&G EV Team will review and approve the customer’s documents. If information is missing, the EV Team will contact the customer to inform them. All documentation must be reviewed and approved by the EV Team before proceeding to the next step.
Step 8: Once all required documents are received and approved, the customer will be enrolled in the EV Charging Program and the EV Team will issue a CSMR incentive, which is reimbursement for eligible customer-side costs. The credit will be applied to the customer’s bill within one to two billing cycles.
Step 9: Once enrolled in the EV Charging Program, residential customers using a smart charger from the PSE&G approved smart charger list (see eligibility requirements above) are eligible to receive a Residential Off-Peak Credit. Depending on the device the customer has installed, an additional step may be required to connect the charging device to the data-sharing network; the PSE&G EV Team will communicate directly with the customer if this additional step is required. Once the PSE&G EV Team begins receiving charging data through the smart charger, the Residential Off-Peak Credit will be issued on the following monthly bill.
Yes, absolutely. Just make sure you do all the steps, even if not in the prescribed order BEFORE installation.

Yes, absolutely. Just make sure you do all the steps, even if not in the prescribed order BEFORE installation.
Yes Yes! My Gen 3 HPWC was installed in January 2022. I submitted all of the required documents after my NJ licensed electrician sent in the required load /Data form to PSE&G. Even though the Tesla does not currently qualify for tOD charging you still need to provide the Tesla documentation and the local permit approvals.

Attachments

• Sub Panel Inspection 030222 IMG_7880.JPG
    Sub Panel Inspection 030222 IMG_7880.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 194
I just submitted all my paperwork and initial review was within minutes. I was missing the charger Serial #. After receiving all the required documents, no updates. From all the previous posts it seems like this process is at least a couple of months?

Any information on DIY did the application proceed to pseg approval?
Yes, I filled out the forms myself to the best of my knowledge and it was approved. Received bill credit for my material costs (minus EV charger purchase cost).

Also, I'm receiving the EV Charging Program / Off-Peak Charging credit ($0.02/kWh for off-peak usage). I didn't think Tesla chargers were eligible for this part of the program.

Yes, I filled out the forms myself to the best of my knowledge and it was approved. Received bill credit for my material costs (minus EV charger purchase cost).

Also, I'm receiving the EV Charging Program / Off-Peak Charging credit ($0.02/kWh for off-peak usage). I didn't think Tesla chargers were eligible for this part of the program.
Tesla chargers are now eligible because the charge data is collected by a third party and sends the data to PSE&G and I assume Tesla also?

If I do self install, can I prepare an statement myself for labor charges along with receipt for purchases I made.
Do I need to submit a load form too?
The NJ licensed electrician submits the load/data form on your behalf. The licensed electrician also
arranges for the required permit and inspection.
Closely follow their instructions if you expect a BTM installation rebate.