Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance an Inventory MX with Huge Price Adjustment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if it makes sense to finance those $60k adjustment cars.

I reserved a P100D, MSRP is $153k and selling price is $93k,
at 3.75%, 72mo loan would be $1550/mo. (take out a 100k loan)

After 45mo I’ve paid $70k in total, and ~$39k left on the loan.

If the depreciation is 50% after 45 mo, I’ll end up paying approx $720/mo effectively.

Am I missing anything here? Thanks!

Inventory MX

442F07AB-EAEC-4D1B-B1B2-AAEAA2BE4ADB.png

TeslaScout- 5YJXCBE43JF116826 - MODEL_X P100D

It has ludicrous turned off hence the 60k adjustment.
Ah, okay, here’s what you’re missing. The high msrp was before the price drop a couple months ago. Plus, without ludicrous, it’s $20k less than that. I’m guessing a new build with similar specs would be around $115k. So, the 92k price you’re getting is a 23k discount from a new 2019 one. The one you’re getting is a model year older, and has 2,500 miles on it. It’s still a good deal, but you need to look at it as a $23k discount on an older model X, not a $60k discount.

Ah, okay, here’s what you’re missing. The high msrp was before the price drop a couple months ago. Plus, without ludicrous, it’s $20k less than that. I’m guessing a new build with similar specs would be around $115k. So, the 92k price you’re getting is a 23k discount from a new 2019 one. The one you’re getting is a model year older, and has 2,500 miles on it. It’s still a good deal, but you need to look at it as a $23k discount on an older model X, not a $60k discount.
Ah that makes sense. Thanks!

What is a reasonable depreciation factor then? Lose 30% of the 2019 MSRP after 4 years 50k miles? Am I too optimistic?