Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rate Went Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like many others, I don't want to risk dinging my credit repeatedly every 2 months when the pre-approval expires. Does anyone know whether Tesla is prioritizing production for people who submitted their payment details / applied for a loan? i.e., If I don't submit the payment info, will Tesla prompt me to do so when my order is coming up in the queue or will I be skipped over?

Accepted Tesla rate at 3.49% last month. Person from text said I need to email [email protected] to update finance rate. Emailed and messaged them multiple times with no response in the last two weeks. This is the worst customer services I have never deal with.

Possible email issues on your end?. Each time I sent them an e-mail regarding my loan or rate match they responded the same day if it was within business hours. I did rate match twice, they responded within the same business day. I first had them match my BoA at 2.75 and then as they match credit union at 2.20, they responded all within the business day.

Reactions: preilly44
Possible email issues on your end?. Each time I sent them an e-mail regarding my loan or rate match they responded the same day if it was within business hours. I did rate match twice, they responded within the same business day. I first had them match my BoA at 2.75 and then as they match credit union at 2.20, they responded all within the business day.
What did you have to show them so that they would match the rate?

I'm curious why people are switching to Tesla financing just because they match an legit offer. Seems like that is letting Tesla offer higher rates, and only come down when we do the work and find lower ones. I can get 2.19 with Navy Fed and don't really feel like rewarding Tesla for having 2.99 rates, unless we find a lower one. Is there some advantage in financing through Tesla?

Like many others, I don't want to risk dinging my credit repeatedly every 2 months when the pre-approval expires. Does anyone know whether Tesla is prioritizing production for people who submitted their payment details / applied for a loan? i.e., If I don't submit the payment info, will Tesla prompt me to do so when my order is coming up in the queue or will I be skipped over?
I'm at this point now and I'm holding off filling out payment info until my area opens up deliveries again. No point in getting a VIN only to not being able to pick up the car.