Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rate Went Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, Tesla approved my loan @ 3.25% for 60 months. I believe that if you get approved somewhere else with a lower rate, you can ask for a Match from Tesla (however, will it be 2nd hit on your Credit report ?)

If multiple credit checks are made within a 14-day period they should only show up as one check so you don't get multiple hits on your credit rating. At least that's what I was told by the multiple lenders when I started looking at home loans.

Reactions: preilly44
Same here, Tesla approved my loan @ 3.25% for 60 months. I believe that if you get approved somewhere else with a lower rate, you can ask for a Match from Tesla (however, will it be 2nd hit on your Credit report ?)

Try Bank of America. Try their 60 months first, if you get 2.69 ask for the 72 month rates. I have seen somewhere on this forum people got the 2.69 for 60 months then 2.89 for 72 months.

Then ask for Tesla to match rate.

Reactions: pt19713
IMG_4695.jpg
Financed through Tesla?

Yes, 72 month loan from Tesla.

IMG_4695.jpg

Cheers. Here's a bonus pic. Wasn't sure about these 20s when I ordered but I really like them. Stormtrooper style:
They look better in your picture than at any other place I've seen them (mainly Tesla website)

BTW: do you have an option to buy the Acceleration Boost? Quite a few people here interested to know.
NVM - just read your reply in another thread and it isn't there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyD1
Try Bank of America. Try their 60 months first, if you get 2.69 ask for the 72 month rates. I have seen somewhere on this forum people got the 2.69 for 60 months then 2.89 for 72 months.

Then ask for Tesla to match rate.
How does the "price match" work with Tesla? Is it something you have to call and speak to a person, or can it be done through the web portal? I'm currently at this step and I'm holding off until the factory continues building at a normal rate. I don't want to get a hard credit check for the loan process only to have it expire if the car can't be delivered in the next 4-7 weeks. It's unfortunate but I'd risk losing my spot in the queue than deal with multiple credit checks because I'm also looking to refinance my home.

Tesla came back through Wells Fargo @ 3.25% 72 months and hard credit pulled. I am getting 2.69% 60 months with Bank of America. My credit is over 780 and debt to ratio is very very low. Is it possible to ask why my rate is higher than the website 2.99?

After emailing [email protected], explained Wells Fargo rate is too high, they ask permission and submitted to US Bank N.A., came back this morning with 2.75% 72 months. For those that gotten rate through Tesla via Wells Fargo, worth a shot to try and get better a rate through Tesla via US Bank. I no longer need my Bank of America to rate match.

Reactions: IdaBish
So I went in and lo-and-behold, I can fill out my info. Applied for my loan. Got a text from someone at a place called AutoMatch-dunno what that is all about... Put pix in for my trade and info on the current loan... HALLELUJAH! Now will probably be two to three months before my VIN comes. OH WELL - gives me time to put together my order for Abstract Ocean, collect car cleaning kits... No going performance now! Thank God that's out of my hands!!!