Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finance Rate Went Down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm, didn’t mention that perk for me though they know I was - have a reference for that?

Senior Enlisted Reward Program

Screenshot_20200320-225842_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ahh that explains it I’m retired. DoD civilian now....

I thought even retired Senior Enlisted qualifies.

Under Consumer Loans: ..."Your discounted rate remains with the loan even after you retire".

Does this mean current loans (started while on Active Duty) carry on the discount if you retire along the course of the loan, or the benefit is available even when you start a loan as a retiree?

I thought even retired Senior Enlisted qualifies.

Under Consumer Loans: ..."Your discounted rate remains with the loan even after you retire".

Does this mean current loans (started while on Active Duty) carry on the discount if you retire along the course of the loan, or the benefit is available even when you start a loan as a retiree?
I'll ask them to make sure as I'm a retired SMSgt, which they know, seems they would have mentioned the discount but thanks for the tip will follow up!

Reactions: RoBoRaT
thanks you all for the info on this thread!
I was going to pay cash (Tesla rate a few weeks back was unattractive ), read this thread, asked to change my submitted order from cash to financing, applied 11AM pacific time Mar 21, got 2.49% through Chase for 48 months, (I never do finance beyond 4 years, which is the commitment i will keep any new car for). i was going to check out some credit unions but i think the tesla rate of 2.49% is good enough for me! thanks again.

Reactions: KRG21
Is this true with Lightstream? And why wouldn't you always go with their rate beat?
Rate Beat

It seems like they will beat a loan by 0.10%. I'm not sure if they'll beat anything, but it seems silly not to try it. They seem to be backed by a legit bank and everything.

Has anyone tried this?

I got the Tesla/USBank rate, which is already pretty good. I might shop around for something better, or just use this rate-beat.

I was approved at EECU for 2.20% 72 months and Tesla rate matched it. EECU

You have to email Tesla the approval letter to rate match. Tesla already pulled my credit therefore, mind as well apply at 5 different credit union to get the lowest rate possible. Best Rate Guarantee
Tesla loan comparison spreadsheet - auto updates hourly
Thanks for this. I got down to 2.20% as well. I currently have a loan with LightStream for my dino-fueled BMW, gonna see if their Rate Beat can go even lower.

Reactions: DennyL
Ahh that explains it I’m retired. DoD civilian now....

@RoBoRaT encouraged me to follow-up with NFCU and chat transcript follows for some other options...

Me: I’ve heard that I can get a reduction in auto interest rates from what you have published...this still true? I’ve been a member for 28 years
Me: Reduction as high as 1%
NFCU: Are you active duty, or a reservist, that is an E7 or higher?
Me: I am no longer active duty, left service in 2002 after 11 years and rank of O4
NFCU: There is a .25% rate reduction members can get one time for being a member with us for 25 years. Additionally, if you have any direct deposits from the military coming to your NFCU account, you can qualify for a a .25% rate reduction as well.
Me: Thanks - how about direct deposits from a civilian employer ?
NFCU: Those do not help you with a discount.
Me: Ok...why did you ask about E7 or higher...?
NFCU: Active Duty, or reservists, who are E7 or higher get a 1% discount on most of their loans with us.
Me: Ok thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Matsayz
@RoBoRaT encouraged me to follow-up with NFCU and chat transcript follows for some other options...

NFCU: Active Duty, or reservists, who are E7 or higher get a 1% discount on most of their loans with us.
Me: Ok thanks!

That sums it up then. 1% is not applicable for retirees. But you get 0.25% off at least.

So, if their rate is at 2.29%, now you get 2.04%! ;)
The juniors should get the best rate too, not just us old farts.

Is this true with Lightstream? And why wouldn't you always go with their rate beat?
Rate Beat

It seems like they will beat a loan by 0.10%. I'm not sure if they'll beat anything, but it seems silly not to try it. They seem to be backed by a legit bank and everything.

Has anyone tried this?

I got the Tesla/USBank rate, which is already pretty good. I might shop around for something better, or just use this rate-beat.

I did this in August 2018 for my Model 3. They beat a secured loan with an unsecured loan. I plan to do the same for Model Y.

Reactions: preilly44
thanks you all for the info on this thread!
I was going to pay cash (Tesla rate a few weeks back was unattractive ), read this thread, asked to change my submitted order from cash to financing, applied 11AM pacific time Mar 21, got 2.49% through Chase for 48 months, (I never do finance beyond 4 years, which is the commitment i will keep any new car for). i was going to check out some credit unions but i think the tesla rate of 2.49% is good enough for me! thanks again.

can you let me know how you asked to change your submitted order from cash to tesla financing?

can you let me know how you asked to change your submitted order from cash to tesla financing?
In my case, there has been a person texting with me. He or she has no extra information, no vin, no delivery date, just said by end of month. I just texted the person asking to add another person on the car registration/title (I cannot get both carpool sticker and California rebate because of income issue ). The website won't let you go back so someone has to help.