Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry I forgot to add, do I need to choose which way I'll be paying right off the hop, then when they contact me I ask about the Tesla financing?

Did you place the order yet? There is a section called "Payment Option" and in there you can select what you want to do.

Attachments

• financing options.JPG
    financing options.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 89
Anyone else had their vehicle delivered on May 31st and selected the financing option? I thought my first payment was supposed to come on June 30th but I’m checking my bank account and I don’t see a withdraw happen yet.

I gave them a voided cheque at the time of delivery.

RBC financing thru Tesla.

@akidesir, something very interesting here with your VIN #. I noticed you got delivery on May 31st with a 293xx. Mine is 285xx and delivered June 30th (ordered June 7th). Quite interesting....

Not sure if your aware but Tesla does not build by VIN’s sequentially. They specifically do this to to keep production numbers to themselves, at least for a while. Technically they could have 2 cars in line during production 5000 VIN numbers apart.

Anyone else had their vehicle delivered on May 31st and selected the financing option? I thought my first payment was supposed to come on June 30th but I’m checking my bank account and I don’t see a withdraw happen yet.

I gave them a voided cheque at the time of delivery.

RBC financing thru Tesla.

Yep, I got mine on the same day but they didn't withdraw 1st payment this month. Wondering if it is because of holidays.

Last edited:
Is anyone just using their Home Equity Line of credit (HELOC) to finance their car purchase. I'm with TD and current variable rate in prime +.50% or 3.95%.

Wouldn't make much sense. Doesn't even really make much sense buying the entire vehicle out with just how cheap of an interest rate Tesla offers. My vehicle was 2.5% over 8 years. No way my mortgage will ever be that low again. On a fixed mortgage and I believe the going rate over 7 years is 3.5%. Looks like rates have went up a bit but for the most part. They look fairly low

Yep, I got mine on the same day but they didn't withdraw 1st payment this month. Wondering if it is because of holidays.

My brother in law has a car loan with RBC and they never withdraw on the date it's due. It's always been 1-2 business day after before the tractions action occurs.

Wouldn't make much sense. Doesn't even really make much sense buying the entire vehicle out with just how cheap of an interest rate Tesla offers. My vehicle was 2.5% over 8 years. No way my mortgage will ever be that low again. On a fixed mortgage and I believe the going rate over 7 years is 3.5%. Looks like rates have went up a bit but for the most part. They look fairly low

Not sure which car the person is getting, but Model 3 rates are much higher than Model S or X.