Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Edit link removed doesn't mean anything. I had mine removed in July. The financing application where you submit in your info and do a hard credit check is what counts.
I’ve also just been advised of my trade-in value and that it is valid for 30 days also. So, to me, both are pointing to action (including financing application/approval and delivery) sometime in that window. Or, am I being overly optimistic? I guess I’ll find out when I get my financing request underway.

Reactions: Techniques and phtp
I’ve also just been advised of my trade-in value and that it is valid for 30 days also. So, to me, both are pointing to action (including financing application/approval and delivery) sometime in that window. Or, am I being overly optimistic? I guess I’ll find out when I get my financing request underway.
No, I wasn’t overly optimistic. Today I received a delivery appointment notice for September 18, 4th Avenue Store, Vancouver.

Incase anyone needs them,
upload_2018-9-7_17-58-20.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_17-58-20.png
    upload_2018-9-7_17-58-20.png
    96 KB · Views: 85
No, I wasn’t overly optimistic. Today I received a delivery appointment notice for September 18, 4th Avenue Store, Vancouver.

The web site defaults to 4th avenue, but unless your ISA/DA tells you otherwise it may actually be at Powell. Once you see a VIN, you might want to call the Service centre to confirm. When I did this I was told the car was already at the lot!

Did anyone do a pre-approval before ordering? I'm surprised at how irritating the process is. It's the largest loan I've ever personally taken so I want to get my ducks in a row and every bank has said they don't so loans at that level without a VIN so it'd have to be done through Tesla after ordering, which is always a risk. The bank said that I would very likely get a loan no problem but the idea of even slightly risking $4200 seems silly.

Did anyone do a pre-approval before ordering? I'm surprised at how irritating the process is. It's the largest loan I've ever personally taken so I want to get my ducks in a row and every bank has said they don't so loans at that level without a VIN so it'd have to be done through Tesla after ordering, which is always a risk. The bank said that I would very likely get a loan no problem but the idea of even slightly risking $4200 seems silly.
Actually Tesla can approach the lender without the VIN and still get approval. That’s how I got my X. The banks just wouldn’t deal with me.

So they did it for you? I guess maybe I should try calling because emailing is just leading me in circles.
That was the only way I could get financing. The bank literally said they couldn’t talk to me, but that Tesla had to get the ball rolling.

I did all mine via email with my SA at Tesla, I didn’t need to call in, but that was last year before the Model 3 rush hit.