Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found out, 4 buisness days from delivery, that Tesla doesn't finance in Sask or Manitoba. Can this be stickied somewhere? I have almost managed to secure financing through a 3rd party, so I think everything will be ok, but I can't believe I didn't find out until last night (I take delivery Tuesday)

I found out, 4 buisness days from delivery, that Tesla doesn't finance in Sask or Manitoba. Can this be stickied somewhere? I have almost managed to secure financing through a 3rd party, so I think everything will be ok, but I can't believe I didn't find out until last night (I take delivery Tuesday)

That must be a very recent change, as I financed a vehicle through Tesla in Manitoba less than 2 months ago...

Here what I got from Tesla financing:

Attachments

• 2018 October rates.png
    2018 October rates.png
    10 KB · Views: 206
I was quoted 4.24% today from RBC on a 48 month term. I've asked for the whole table so I can make a decision on which term to take. It's nice that it is a totally open loan so you can prepay whatever you want! Anyone have details on how well that has worked in practice? Do you call up Tesla and tell them how much you want to put on, or RBC direct, or??

I was quoted 4.24% today from RBC on a 48 month term. I've asked for the whole table so I can make a decision on which term to take. It's nice that it is a totally open loan so you can prepay whatever you want! Anyone have details on how well that has worked in practice? Do you call up Tesla and tell them how much you want to put on, or RBC direct, or??

If you have an RBC account you just transfer money to it like any other account. Nice and simple!

Updated for the whole table:
36 - 4.13%
48 - 4.24%
60 - 4.32%
72 - 4.39%
84 - 4.54%
96 - 4.79%

Thanks for the info @Whisky !

Reactions: 03DSG

Yes, it is as simple as you describe: You tell them approximately on your Tesla account what you want and a guy from finance will contact you (for me, it was all by email), and at that time, you can ask him to twist the numbers the way you want to get either your targeted monthly payment, your financed amount, etc...

Really nice working with them.

• Helpful
Reactions: KootsChewt