Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financing Tesla vehicles in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that it's an issue, but interesting, Tesla MY deposits are $100 now? I paid $2500 for mine a couple weeks ago, as did a few others. Was there something special you had to do to "qualify" for the $100 deposit?
Canada is now like the US, Tesla has switched from a $2500 refundable deposit to a $100 non-refundable deposit. I'm not sure when exactly it changed, but it was likely a few days ago when the pricing changed in the USA, and revised interior went live on the web site.

I guess it saves Tesla some money on credit card processing fees.

Reactions: aimalkay
Not that it's an issue, but interesting, Tesla MY deposits are $100 now? I paid $2500 for mine a couple weeks ago, as did a few others. Was there something special you had to do to "qualify" for the $100 deposit?
So effective April 9th, they got rid of the mandatory $2500 (refundable) reservation fee. It’s now changed to $100 (NON refundable). Apparently that was the case in US already for a while. Now they brought that over to Canada as well.

Reactions: aimalkay
Seems about the same across the country, but from what I can tell, BMO is slightly lower than RBC/Scotia. I don't know how loans get assigned to one back or another, or if they have certain criteria for each bank. Maybe BMO only picks the larger loans that can make more money on, who knows. I financed a M3P with 0 down aside from the $2500 deposit, so it was a fairly high amount.

To-be (hopefully, if everything works out) Tesla owner here, just wondering if anyone know what kind of documents/income verification they would require during the financing process? I've been self-employed since the pandemic and would probably have to prepare beforehand. Thanks!

Update for my delivery date, since my previous post!
Model Y LR 5 Seater, Red + White. Ordered April 1 in Etobicoke. Current delivery estimate is April 29 - May 5. Service advisor called me today with a confirmed VIN#! Suggested I get insurance setup but to not finalize it yet.

He DID mention that rates have changed for new deliveries in April, but didn't give me an explicit number. For now, I'm still at 2.35% for 72mo with Scotia, but if my delivery date DOES go into first week of May (likely) then it'll change the rates to May rates. Will update when/if that happens.

Reactions: menaknow