Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firearm storage model 3 [and other firearms discussion]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it in the box labelled ‘I have a small penis’. No self respecting car theft will ever look in there.

While we all may have our own opinions on gun ownership, this is not helpful to the discussion. Even those of us who do not carry guns should have a vested interest in helping those who do secure them properly.

When I saw that reply quoted I guessed where it originated. Here in the UK, most people know nothing about guns and their uses other than what the tabloid newspapers and TV tell them, hence the banal comment. :(

Reactions: Rojer Lockless
I like this option, you could build this for a couple hundred dollars. face the weapons towards the rear seats making a false wall, when you need access, lower the rear seat backs. Also change out the stock seat locks with another locking solution, so that the rear seat backs have some level of security, or optionally, completely remove the locks on the seats and place this on a rear hinge that would lower down for access from the trunk to the weapons, then make your locking system accessible from the trunk area (locks securing the false wall), so if someone breaches the trunk they don't see the weapons in a quick search. If you want it really secure, have someone fabricate the exterior with 14 gauge steel shell or even aluminum (or call 80/20.net and have them fab something for you once have have the dimension) and hinge with locks, then cover it in automotive carpet, if you are not skilled at this go see some car stereo shop, they can easily build this, just have them sign NDA's, so the don't run their mouth or post it on their website.

I thought a little more about this, you may want do build it under the trunk carpet, where there is already a tub, you have to keep your trunk clean for quick access.. then you would only need one piece of 14 gauge steel, a hinge and a lock, you could line the tub with a trash bag (for easy removal) and spray foam the whole tub, then do your cuts outs for our weapons and gear. then follow the directions above... would be a lot easier then making a whole false wall, and would be more secure with quick access from the rear trunk. Optionally you could use the trunk, but it's definitely not as secure, if you do the front, it might be easier, I would add an Powerlift for the Frunk if you go that route, for quick access.

iu

Model 3 power liftgate

Frunk auto opening and easy close kit

You may not get a full size shotgun in there, but a Kel Tec KSG bullpup will fit, or a collapsing stock AR along with mags, flashbangs, or whatever cops carry today for criminals (pacifiers, get out of jail free cards, etc). You could also run 12 volt power there to keep a backup battery for your communications gear, tasers, light etc.

Another option

Last edited:
Reactions: Avid
Confused by the need here. If you were to need quick access to the firearm, while you are in the car, then you don't want a safe, you want it on you, or easily accessible.

If you want to secure the firearm in a safe while you are away from the vehicle, then any location should do. Doesn't need to be in the cabin. I use a cable tethered lockbox in the trunk.

for convenience, yes, a safe in the console would be cool. But it's just too small for that. I think a sturdy cabled safe is appropriate for what you are seeking.

Having it locked near the driver allows security without making a scene about securing or retrieving. Bad folks will take note if they see someone securing something in the trunk or even moreso the frunk.

well, agree to disagree,but defective firearm unbeknownst beforehand, is enough
and there's lost of scenarios, you seem to be on the single person driving by themself only scenario
could be family members, or if somebody jumped in and tried to take your car: shoot but miss and hit battery and kaboom.Just like everybody isn't perfect,not everybody is a marksmen. Doesn't play a role in ICE cars
Model 3 forum here friend.
Shooting the battery in a model 3 will not cause kaboom: (Cell Thermal Runaway Propagation Resistance Using Dual Intumescent Material Layers - Patent application) On the other hand, shooting the gas tank on an ICE just might.

Status
Not open for further replies.