Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

firearm storage pictures only

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Man was always preceded with Florida?
DaddyCool, you owe me a new keyboard.
33800318.jpg

Reactions: DaddyCool
I grew up with guns, but in my adult life never had the desire to carry one around in everyday life. In my nearly 50 years I can't recall one moment where I had wished I had a gun on me in everyday life. Seems like allot of hassle for something I very extremely highly likely will never need.

I used a gun for hunting and at the range. It much more similar in my view to my fishing rod or guitar than a fire extinguisher in that it as in item I used to enjoy a hobby and has no practical value.

I’ve been busy with job changes. I do have my first all steel prototype done, and I’ve come up with some changes that need to be implemented.

it’s not something I’d ever have the time to produce. But I’m hoping I can build one or two. This steel stage of the 1st prototype took about 6hrs to fab up with my basic tools.

Is this a thread on 2A rights or how to mount a firearm for people that want too? Since I do not want to hear anybodies views on why or why not I cant have my Sig in my car, I will ask so I dont have to navigate through 5 pages of opinions.

Did you screw that mount into your compartment??
Yup,
2 small self tapping screws into plastic, since there some felt there if you remove it you can't even see the holes.

I’m a retired law enforcement officer (+20 NYPD, +20 chief of police in MA). Before I get into the discussion as to where to mount a sidearm in a Tesla permit me to share a couple of thoughts:

· Where you live, and the law regarding the carrying of concealed firearms, may well control in this matter.

· If you opt to lawfully carry/transport a firearm in your auto, it is incumbent upon you to receive training on the use of the sidearm, and the relevant laws in regard the use of force, especially deadly physical force (that amount of force that is likely to cause death or serious physical injury).

Before I go on, I really should add that as a sergeant and lieutenant in the NYPD I ran the dept’s Police Firearms Instructors School, Heavy Weapons Training Program, and Research and Testing. My book, Practical Handgun Training, may be seen below:

https://www.amazon.com/Practical-Ha...ctical+handgun+training&qid=1587738098&sr=8-1

The mount shown in the initial part of this posting seems to be a good one. The driver has immediate access to their sidearm, which is an absolute requirement when carrying a firearm for personal defense.

The rubber coated (plastic coated) magnet mount system is an excellent one. Another option (but one which I’d have to take a closer look at an auto to actually recommend), is an under the steering wheel holster/scabbard. Gum Creek makes some interesting designs which might be of use.

Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount Steering Wheel Gun Holster Mount

As others have pointed out, this method of carrying a concealed handgun in your auto will be impacted by who has access to the vehicle. This is very much an individual issue, and not one which can be adequately covered in this discussion.

Furthermore, it is incumbent upon the vehicle’s owner to make sure the vehicle, with a firearm inside, is secured every time it is left unattended!

If anyone has any specific questions in regard this matter I’d be happy to respond. Understand, I am not proselytizing for or against the carrying of concealed sidearms, which is a very personal question. It is simply a subject I have a good deal of expertise on, and would be pleased to help.

Rich

Thanks Rich, I started this thread just to see where others would place it in this particular model, this seems to me the most logical access while still hidden and very strongly held in place by that magnet. Under the steering wheel is a bit of a reach and if you don't have tinted windows at certain angles it would be visible.

Yup,
2 small self tapping screws into plastic, since there some felt there if you remove it you can't even see the holes.

Wow, I would have an issue with screwing into my console. I would think over time 2 small screws under the weight of a fully loaded Sig 220 in 45 ACP would strip out. Then again I'm not in my 2005 Wrangler. I think a durable double sided tape like Alien tape might be the way to go?

UK person here. I want to see pictures of guns in Teslas and I am very disappointed with this thread. Current raining is one Elon out of ten on the deciElon scale.

Would everyone please move on from the moralities of gun ownership to taking photos of their guns in their cars?

Thanks and God save the Queen.
I’d get so much *sugar* on my current setup...I’ll let you leave it to your imagination.

Here’s one I used to irritate a few on another forum. You may recognize the car....being from the land of Queen Elizabeth

Attachments

• FA8A118D-4868-492F-9286-6B50EA04E197.jpeg
    FA8A118D-4868-492F-9286-6B50EA04E197.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 99
I am not reading anything in this entirely predictable thread. But, I will say that this past winter I was supercharging late at night with my wife & others in the car. We were the only ones in the lot when I was approached by an unwashed vagrant begging for money. Never felt more helpless with 550+ hp on tap under my right foot.

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Moderator Note: I'd like to move a fair chunk of posts here away to a the locked gun thread, because this topic seems very difficult to discuss without finger pointing, personal attacks, politics-as-sport, etc. OP tried to suggest that we have photos only. Great idea, but clearly impossible here.

Ideally all of us can learn something from the tact of @RichAZ/CapeCod who has approached this with his own experience and data and a lack of judgement. If I have to consider another report in this thread, I'll probably just lock it or move the entire thread away to the locked thread, which would be a shame. Thanks for trying your best.

View attachment 534762

But for real, my Ruger LCP or M&P Shield usually lives in the armrest tray or door pocket when I’m in the car. Keeping an eye on the lockbox thread for times when I need to leave the car without it. Use the glovebox for now.

I had to go try and see if mine will fit with the suppressor. And it barely fit.

I do not carry my pistol because I don't feel the need.
The rifle is for home defense. I don't carry it either.

IMG-5968.jpg