Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.20.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you waiting some time before checking the settings have changed? I remember reading that it can take up to an hour for mobile app changes be sent to server and then sync back to the gateway to be reflected in the behaviour.

I'm doing this through the web interface, not through the ap. Settings done through the web interface used to take place immediately. Indeed, they still do - if they're going to take place at all.

I have waited over a week for my self-powered change from 23% for backup to 30% and no luck. Given our energy usage during the summer, we routinely hit the backup reserve and it still bottoms out at my previous setting of 23%, not 30%. I will be calling Tesla tomorrow about this and my frustration with the lack of local web API access. My PW2 is at 1.20.0.

I will be calling Tesla tomorrow about this and my frustration with the lack of local web API access.
I doubt discussing the api issue with them will achieve anything other than pushing your blood pressure up. It think it remains the case that the lack of web access is a bug. If they can't otherwise address the failure to update the backup reserve, then with luck you can persuade them to try rebooting your gateway. That should bring the API back, at least until it locks-up again. We don't know how often that happens, since people for whom it has are probably significantly overrepresented in this forum.

Well I powered everything off for over 15 minutes, TEG wireless came back but when running the wizard it found no wireless networks - it is like it is turned off. You are right about the blood pressure and Telsa support - they don't have a clue what is going on.

It is a bug - and also deliberate - I'm afraid we aren't going to win this just discussing. I've sent an email to solarquotes.com.au people - maybe some bad publicity will turn it around? At least we can maybe convice someone thinking of buying any Tesla product will think twice before they do.

No, so this advice may not help, but it might.

When using powershell on windows, you need to have both imported the certificate, but also set up a hosts entry so that powerwall resolves to the powerwall IP address - because the certificate is for a hostname of powerwall (and a couple of others I can't remember - they're listed in the SAN field of the cert). Alternatively, if you connect to the TEG WiFi network, you'll be accessing it on one of the IP addresses included in the SAN and it should just work.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I'd already had "powerwall" configured as the DNS entry on my local network, so this wasn't/isn't the issue for me.

If anyone else is regularly changing the reserve level to control their powerwall, and finds that that still works on firmware 1.20.0, perhaps they could comment.
Hi Silvia, I was successfully changing my reserve level on 1.20.0 (I would "chase" my current SOC by setting the reserve level to it, in self_consumption mode) so that it would charge off solar on the weekend, but not discharge the battery (thus avoiding RT losses, when my weekend peak tariff is < my FIT).

The upgrade to 1.21.0 broke this, but only because the parameter was changed to real_mode. I've fixed this this morning (having got back from being away from home), and it is currently chasing SOC again. Four updates in the last hour - it checks every 10 minutes (so two of those checks didn't move the reserve level).

Last edited:
The upgrade to 1.21.0 broke this, but only because the parameter was changed to real_mode. I've fixed this this morning (having got back from being away from home), and it is currently chasing SOC again. Four updates in the last hour - it checks every 10 minutes (so two of those checks didn't move the reserve level).

I'll be interested to see whether this is actually working for you. What I'm seeing is that it purports to change the reserve level - when queried, the reserve level is what it's been set to - but most of the time it doesn't honour it, being willing to discharge below the reserve level, the exception beeing where the previous setting was a long time ago (or perhaps the previous setting that was honoured was).

This may be related to the fact that a lot of the time the login won't work unless it's forced - as if the system considers, at some level, that the grid is blacked out, even though it doesn't report that as being the case.

On my system, they've either broken it by mistake, or they've broken it deliberately. Either way, I don't want them fiddling with it since they're interfering with its operation either through malice, or through incompetence. I wanted to get this thing working, and then largely forget about it. So far, that's not happening.

I just had a call-back from Tesla. They say they have fixed the issue with 1.20.0 & 1.21.0 where it does not react to customization changes. Certainly in my case (1.20.0) it came good at 9am yesterday (UTC+10). The direct power flow web display also started working again at the same time.

Attachments

• tesla.jpg
    tesla.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 64