Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 1.50

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am also on 1.49.0.. but when I click the "link" in the app that is the version number (to go to release notes), I see release notes for 1.50 and 1.50.1.

This is the first time I can remember a tesla product showing me release notes for a version I dont specifically have.

• Funny
Reactions: charlesj
Just got updated to 1.50.1 from 1.49.0. No obvious difference as far as I can tell. Probably will need to let it run for a few days to notice any improvement, if any.

I don't understand why Tesla always updates my PW during peak period. During the update, which took about 10 mins, PW is basically out of service and power is drawing from the grid. Not too concern since there was no high power draw during that time, and I don't have demand peak billing. But Tesla should schedule update during off-peak.

Reactions: miimura
I am also on 1.49.0.. but when I click the "link" in the app that is the version number (to go to release notes), I see release notes for 1.50 and 1.50.1.

This is the first time I can remember a tesla product showing me release notes for a version I dont specifically have.
It actually has the release notes for all previous versions as well. (Basically it just loads the web page showing all release notes, not just the version you have.) In the past, it seemed they were always a version behind on the release notes. Hopefully they will remember to update the release notes in a timely matter going forward.

With that being said, it looks like I just got upgraded to 1.50.1 in the past hour .

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
After a brief scare just moments ago when the TEG web page went blank for several minutes, it appears that I'm now at 1.50.1. Would be great if they programmed the page to display "upgrade in progress" with an auto-reload for 5-10 minutes later.

It’s interesting to me that the upgrades seem to be regularly happening in the middle of the day. It seems like it would be better to schedule the upgrades to happen at like 2 or 3AM. Not only would it be less noticeable then, but it also would be less likely to happen during a peak rate time.

It’s interesting to me that the upgrades seem to be regularly happening in the middle of the day. It seems like it would be better to schedule the upgrades to happen at like 2 or 3AM. Not only would it be less noticeable then, but it also would be less likely to happen during a peak rate time.
Maybe they do them during the day so that if things break they will have someone on the clock available to immediately troubleshoot and fix things remotely.