Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car on old firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2017 MX with HW3 is on 2023.26.12 and the flash memory for the log was replaced along time ago.

Been at this version since end September.

I see from the Teslafi firmware tracker that there are fewer than 1% cars on this.

Car was recently in service and I mentioned to the tech that this was the case - I was told "Your car is on the latest firmware"

The setting for "Advanced" updates has been on for a while and the car connects to wifi every night

Anyway to force a check? Or is something wrong?

Press and hold Model X in the Software menu until prompt, enter 'service', use that to play with the firmware version.

Or more easily just try toggling to Standard update frequency and see if that causes it to check on its own.

Check for any firewall/proxy interference on its Internet access via WiFi router.

Review which 2.4 GHz channel is being used to minimise interference. 1, 6 or 11 are good (only non-overlapping frequencies)

Reactions: mvrlogins
You’re not out of the ordinary according to tbis and I suspect the 1% thing on Teslafi includes all years and the vast number of M3 and MY

For your car/year :
The current commonly run versions at this time:

30.7% of fleet

28.8% of fleet

15.3% of fleet

11.5% of fleet

I think the 2022 release is MCU1 cars

Press and hold Model X in the Software menu until prompt, enter 'service', use that to play with the firmware version.

Or more easily just try toggling to Standard update frequency and see if that causes it to check on its own.

Check for any firewall/proxy interference on its Internet access via WiFi router.

Review which 2.4 GHz channel is being used to minimise interference. 1, 6 or 11 are good (only non-overlapping frequencies)
I know that is one way to force an update check, but doesn't a "two button reset" also force a check?

You’re not out of the ordinary according to tbis and I suspect the 1% thing on Teslafi includes all years and the vast number of M3 and MY

For your car/year :
The current commonly run versions at this time:

30.7% of fleet

28.8% of fleet

15.3% of fleet

11.5% of fleet

I think the 2022 release is MCU1 cars
Thanks - I didn't know about that website. Thought I was being left out!

Will try a reset too

TeslaFi has skipped between saying I was due an update to I’m on the latest update?

Plenty of bug-ridden versions were pulled / superseded ... but they are all later than 2023.26 ...

Where are you seeing that (in TeslaFi)?

This is what I see:

TeslaFi06.gif

Hi mate,

Unicorn Tesla meant

New refresh designed Model S & X, between 2016 Nov and 2017 April manufactured.

Life time free supercharg
New designed
Upgradable for FSD, due to full autopilot computer.

Unfortunatley, this unicon include mine shown poor software updated compare to other fleets.

Is it Tesla's deliberate intention??? Im very suspicious???

What do you think of this issue??

Im still stuck in 2023.26.12 version since September 2023.

Last edited: