Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car on old firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to this thread, Problem with software updates due to old video cameras, and some other posts, I finally received my first software update in months. As noted by other members, some cars like my Model S were stuck on 2023.26.12 (September 2023), until they received a camera upgrade. But I received that upgrade (free "Camera Replacement(s) for Vehicles Configured with Full Self-Driving Capability"), in early December and still didn't receive any software updates.

I asked the service center if it could be because they didn't install all the cameras, or the correct versions (as others on TMC noted had blocked them from receiving updates). But the SC dismissed this concern and simply wrote "We do not choose which software each vehicle gets, it will be up to the engineering team". I finally looked carefully at the invoice and camera part numbers and found that one of the cameras was the old part number compared to the set of cameras others had installed. Told the SC, again suggesting this was why I didn't receive any software updates. They didn't respond.

I was near another SC today and told them my invoice showed I had an old camera installed. They looked and agreed. They had the correct part in stock and fit me in to install the correct camera. Got home and the car just updated to 2023.44.30.14. So thank you to those who pointed out this issue. Too bad the my SC made a mistake then dismissed my concerns. I probably could have had my "holiday update" last year.

My car is now booked in for the camera update....one question after update do I 'loss' the radar based AP codes? I've not had a single episode of phantom braking in the last 12 months, but it sounds like the camera based AP code performance is still not great?