Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.24.x on S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2019.24.4 last week. I always reboot and off the car after every update, sometimes multiple times, if needed.

Two issues I noticed immediately:

- On TACC (distance=7), the car slams on the brake if it see a parked car on the road shoulder ahead, or a car ahead is turning to a side street
- All screen tabs showed up gibberish with garbled fonts, reboot again and again, and .... again

Pathetic.

Installed 2019.24.4 last week. I always reboot and off the car after every update, sometimes multiple times, if needed.

Two issues I noticed immediately:

- On TACC (distance=7), the car slams on the brake if it see a parked car on the road shoulder ahead, or a car ahead is turning to a side street
- All screen tabs showed up gibberish with garbled fonts, reboot again and again, and .... again

Pathetic.
Haven't seen issue 1, will check it out, but I never use anything above 1 or 2. On issue 2, do you mean the menu for settings and the like? Do not have that. I'd say something got corrupted. You might want to try a full power down from the menu to see if it helps, and then call it in (good luck from what I'm hearing lately).

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
do you mean the menu for settings and the like?

Yes, Control, and different tabs on 17". It seems OK for now. It's my long habit to reboot multiple times and full power down (off the car for 5 minutes) after any update I install. Still, too frustrating and even unsafe when you get on the road and need to access one of those screen tabs only to see garbled fonts. Like blindfolded and just randomly guessing where to press.

Yes, Control, and different tabs on 17". It seems OK for now. It's my long habit to reboot multiple times and full power down (off the car for 5 minutes) after any update I install. Still, too frustrating and even unsafe when you get on the road and need to access one of those screen tabs only to see garbled fonts. Like blindfolded and just randomly guessing where to press.
Why would it change ‘when you are on the road’? Is that what you are saying. Doesn’t make sense to me. I reboot also after every firmware release but have never seen label corruption, stable or changing.

Can anybody comment on phantom braking in this release vs 2019.20.x? This post suggests it has regressed again: Phantom braking will get a lot worse before it gets better
I haven't noticed any issues on the S with this release but we did go under a bridge with the 3 and phantom braking kicked in. I was surprised since it's been so long since we've had such a severe decrease in speed like that. I haven't taken the S on the same road so I should probably try to recreate it and see if the S has the same issue there.

I got my 2019.24.4 update on 7/22. When I drove on hwy this evening using AP set at 70mph on 55 speed limit, suddenly in the middle of heavy traffic the speed dropped to 35mph and it assumed it was 30 mph speed limit while still on AP. I corrected it manually right away in fraction of second. But it was scary. I have never seen that drop in speed before this update. I had set the distance to 1 car length. I had 2019.20.4.2 before. MCU2, AP 2.5, Oct 2018 build.
In contrast to some of the other posts loss of range on sentry mode was minimal, 6 miles for a total of 8 hrs on a 90 deg day when it was parked in a lot with no shade. Not bad.

This happened to me twice yesterday on trip back from Detroit on I-75, the first long trip I took since getting 24.4.

It is as if NoA thinks you are doing an off ramp and begins slowing down but it wasn't (an off or on ramp). However I was in the right-most lane and there was a decent bend in the road. And no, there wasn't an on ramp there nor a car on the side of the road. And it still is braking hard when a vehicle passes in front of you on city streets (it brakes hard 1/2 block before the car even when doing only 30 mph). This needs to be fixed before the stupid games they keep working on...

The only plus I saw with the latest software was VERY fast charging. Left DTW with 80% and told NoA to take me to the upper peninsula 4 hours away. It said to stop in Bay City to charge with a SOC of 24%. To my surprise, I hit 128kWh charging rate at the start and it stayed above 100 for a good duration. In about 15 minutes I got 80 miles. I never got above 114 before and it would always drop to 95 fairly quickly. Of course, the fans sounded like jets...

The only positive