Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received notification to update firmware to 2022.8.10.17 on my 2017 MCU1 AP2 HW3.
Have FSD, location Norway.

Is this the new AP disengaged punishment update?
Or is this just another small fix update?

Also, Tesla seams eager to replace all my cameras to new version, but read somewhere that when they do this, my radar will be deactivated cause the new cameras are needed for new Tesla vision which deactivate the radar.
So I'm on the fence on this one...

Any thoughts?

Just received notification to update firmware to 2022.8.10.17 on my 2017 MCU1 AP2 HW3.
Have FSD, location Norway.

Is this the new AP disengaged punishment update?
Or is this just another small fix update?

Also, Tesla seams eager to replace all my cameras to new version, but read somewhere that when they do this, my radar will be deactivated cause the new cameras are needed for new Tesla vision which deactivate the radar.
So I'm on the fence on this one...

Any thoughts?
By AP disengagement punishment, I meant AP suspension.
As discussed here:
As I understand the new update, if you are kicked out of autopilot five times, autopilot remains disabled for one week. Is it five times during one drive, or five times in a week or once five disengagements are reached during any length in time?

Because, as of now, I don't have this "feature", only suspended until you park your vehicle and then it's available on the next drive again.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston
By AP disengagement punishment, I meant AP suspension.
As discussed here:

Because, as of now, I don't have this "feature", only suspended until you park your vehicle and then it's available on the next drive again.

It's an NHTSA recall do it's very hard to avoid a forced update without your consent unless you make sure to disable wifi and the car's sim card to avoid communication with Tesla server.

Edit: Nevermind! Norway has no such recall so you are not forced to automatically update.

Interesting. So to the OP’s point, does Tesla update those old branches to include new things like the AP recall fix?
I just had my MCU1/AP1/HW1 MX in for service and one of the items that was done was to update the FW for the AP recall. It is on 2022.8.10.16.

Anyway the service invoice says: "Update Vehicle Software to Incorporate Additional Autosteer Controls". But the technician notes state "Latest Firmware: no update necessary". So either there is no update ready for this class of cars or nothing needs to be done.

I just had my MCU1/AP1/HW1 MX in for service and one of the items that was done was to update the FW for the AP recall. It is on 2022.8.10.16.

Anyway the service invoice says: "Update Vehicle Software to Incorporate Additional Autosteer Controls". But the technician notes state "Latest Firmware: no update necessary". So either there is no update ready for this class of cars or nothing needs to be done.
I received recall notices in the mail for this fix today and yesterday, even though the fix was delivered via an update. The problem applies to all Model S/X vehicles before 2024, so you’ll probably get a notice too.

Mine is in the mail but I have not seen it yet.
Here is my letter. So the I’m getting v12(2023.44.30)??? On Mcu1? Hahah. Good one Tesla. Let’s all wait 6 week and file a complaint.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    589.2 KB · Views: 97
Here is my letter. So the I’m getting v12(2023.44.30)??? On Mcu1? Hahah. Good one Tesla.
It doesn't say you will get that version, and that isn't a FSDb V12 version anyhow.

But you will get that, or a newer one eventually. But last I saw they haven't made an update for MCU1 vehicles yet to address either of the recent recalls.

Let’s all wait 6 week and file a complaint.

What is the significance of 6 weeks? As far as I can find there is no NHTSA mandated deadline for when Tesla has to have a recall fix available. It could be a long time.

Here is my letter. So the I’m getting v12(2023.44.30)??? On Mcu1? Hahah. Good one Tesla. Let’s all wait 6 week and file a complaint.
My recall letters (one for each car) stated that our cars were already running a software version that included the fix. It’s interesting that your letter suggests Tesla doesn’t know which version you’re running. I would think they would know, even on an older model.

Got notified for 2022.8.10.20. That's still a bit far off from the "2023.44.30 or later" that Tesla's Recall letter says I should be running. Lol.

My worry is, I saw someone else said that 2022.8.10.20 didn't have FSDb, meaning if I upgrade, I might lose my super duper awesome V10 FSDb? /s