Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2019.24.x on S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X is sleeping fine on 2019.24.4 with TeslaFi active. The temp checks stopped working for me maybe a year ago. Here is what I've been using:

Time to try sleeping: 16 min
Idle time before trying to sleep: 1 min
None of the three boxes checked.

I don't think there's anything magical about 16/1, but that's where I've left it.

So after several hard reboots did nothing about my excessive vampire losses, doing a full power down for several hours seems to have fixed the problem. I don't use Teslafi so that had nothing to do with it. But at any rate, all is good again. I was in the habit of rebooting after updates. Now I think I will power down too. Can't hurt.

So after several hard reboots did nothing about my excessive vampire losses, doing a full power down for several hours seems to have fixed the problem. I don't use Teslafi so that had nothing to do with it. But at any rate, all is good again. I was in the habit of rebooting after updates. Now I think I will power down too. Can't hurt.

Question about powering down... Seems like every time I do that by using the power down button, and then wait the 3+ minutes, then hit the brake to power it back on that the MCU and the IC just pop right back on like they were simply sleeping. No time to boot up, no Tesla T, or anything like that... just pops right on. Did the car actually shut down?!?!

Question about powering down... Seems like every time I do that by using the power down button, and then wait the 3+ minutes, then hit the brake to power it back on that the MCU and the IC just pop right back on like they were simply sleeping. No time to boot up, no Tesla T, or anything like that... just pops right on. Did the car actually shut down?!?!

That's my experience (question) as well. It's like you have just turned off the screen itself and then turning it back on.

How do you full power down? This battery drain is annoying

Need more time to test but here's my observations:
1) The biggest change I noticed is in stop and go traffic with AP engaged. It now will occasionally do a HOLD and ask me to tap the accelerator to resume... it's not consistent when it decides to hold and ask you to give it throttle (which is a blessing) because if it was every time the car came to a stop it would be MUCH worse.

2) Other than #1, HW2.5 AP w/ EAP doesn't seem any different in most ways. The phantom braking got worse in the last update 20.x and seems equally bad with this one. In my experience it's going under overpasses on the hwy especially in morning or late afternoon where there are long shadows and/or high contrast situations. I wondered to myself today if this is something they've tinkered with to get the car to brake and not run under 18 wheelers? Another thought I wondered about was high contrast situations (bright light to dark quickly) and whether the iris in the camera can't adjust quick enough, causing the computer to go blind briefly while it adjusts to the changing light... if the camera is "blind" AP may start braking just out of precaution..
2a) The last thing that I've noticed will make it brake is when it thinks someone is coming over into your lane... it almost tries to predict this and brake ahead of time. This scenario was discussed in the FSD event when they talked about the NN and how they train it to recognize someone about to cut you off.

3) Something weird happened with the audio. I'm getting crackling/static occasionally with BT audio (phone calls and music). Reboot of MCU didn't seem to help. I'll continue to test and see if this was just a fluke or what.

Last edited:
Need more time to test but here's my observations:
1) The biggest change I noticed is in stop and go traffic with AP engaged. It now will occasionally do a HOLD and ask me to tap the accelerator to resume... it's not consistent when it decides to hold and ask you to give it throttle (which is a blessing) because if it was every time the car came to a stop it would be MUCH worse.
That functionality has been around for years but perhaps they have changed it recently. I believe I've seen it when at a really long stop light or when a pedestrian walks in front of the car. With that said, I've only seen it a few times in over two and a half years of driving.

That functionality has been around for years but perhaps they have changed it recently. I believe I've seen it when at a really long stop light or when a pedestrian walks in front of the car. With that said, I've only seen it a few times in over two and a half years of driving.
Yea I didn't run into it a single time yesterday on the way home or the way in this AM so it seems like it was a fluke (I ran into it twice on the way home yesterday but it hasn't happened again since)