Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took my car to the service center in Portland. They hadn't heard of 5.14, yet. Promised to investigate.

Edited to add:

Nope, no 5.14 at the Portland Service center. But they tell me that they hear that 6.0 will be out "very soon". No idea what that means :)

Last edited:
Since Tesla released the sleep support in 5.x, the song playback repeating bug has been there.

I've reported it to Tesla every time I update to a new release - so they are aware of it - but still haven't fixed it.

This is the major reason why I disable the sleep mode feature except when I'm not going to be charging the car overnight. I usually play off my USB using a very long favorites list - and having to scroll back down that list is very time consuming when the car gets stuck playing the same song over and over...

So far there is one report of 5.14 without a screen shot. And my service center told me they checked with engineering and that they had never heard of 5.14.
I'm mildly skeptical...
IMG_2342.JPG

Since I got this update without any strings attached, I felt I could share with TMC that I'd received it. I can recall on one occasion sending them commentary when I got an update and noticed a glitch. I'm sure there are many others who provide more feedback.

What ever happened to firmware rollout priority for those on wifi? I'm still on the buggy version of 5.12 (.22) and there is no 5.14 in sight for me, let alone the more stable 5.12 versions. Car connects to wifi in my garage every night and has ample opportunity to download the latest firmware.

What ever happened to firmware rollout priority for those on wifi? I'm still on the buggy version of 5.12 (.22) and there is no 5.14 in sight for me, let alone the more stable 5.12 versions. Car connects to wifi in my garage every night and has ample opportunity to download the latest firmware.
I'm still on 5.11, which I had at delivery. My car connects to wi-fi in the garage, but has a weak signal and struggles to stay connected. On most mornings I find the "connect to wi-fi" dialog, even if it's already connected at that time.