Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had 5.14 for about a week now. Traffic no longer uses the dotted red and dotted yellow. Green, yellow, solid bright red and solid dark red are the new colors. I like it, don't have any issue with 5.14 or 5.12.

Also, the navigation route line that was often overlapping over, and hiding the traffic lines does not do that any more. There are some members complaining about that before.

As discussed in another thread, the traffic overlay on Google Maps probably does not have anything to do with the updates. Several members (including me) never got any update recently, but have the new overlay. It probably comes from a (Google? Tesla?) server, much like the map itself, and does not depend on your firmware version.

I had 5.14 for about a week now. Traffic no longer uses the dotted red and dotted yellow. Green, yellow, solid bright red and solid dark red are the new colors. I like it, don't have any issue with 5.14 or 5.12.

That is a server side change. I'm on 5.12 and had the traffic color change happen almost 2 weeks ago... There's a thread around here someplace about it...

Just to add to the mystery of the 5.14 release, the version number for the 6.0 release is 1.65.X while the 5.14 release is 1.66.X which should imply 5.14 is a newer release. Definitely seems like they came up with the 5.14 release at some point after they were already close to shipping 6.0 and had already numbered that release branch.

Just to add to the mystery of the 5.14 release, the version number for the 6.0 release is 1.65.X while the 5.14 release is 1.66.X which should imply 5.14 is a newer release. Definitely seems like they came up with the 5.14 release at some point after they were already close to shipping 6.0 and had already numbered that release branch.
Then why call it 5.14 and not a higher dot number on 5.12?

Not sure what all the changes are between 5.12 and 5.14 but there is one change that I know for sure. In the past if you were listening to an FM station, and then switched to an AM station and that AM station was a saved/favorite station, the call letters from the FM station would become part of the saved AM station number. So here in Seattle, if I was listening to 93.3 FM "KUBE", then switched to AM 710, the call letters "KUBE" would be inherited on the AM side for the station I had saved as AM 710. This would update depending on whatever the last FM station was that you were listening to before switching over to AM. This issue had been resolved in one of the earlier revisions but then it came back when 5.12 was installed on my car. After 5.14 was installed by the great folks at the Seattle Service Center, the issue went away and it no longer is inheriting the FM station call letters when you go from FM to AM. What else was fixed/enhanced with 5.14 I am not sure of.

I was told the something at the SC today. Cars with 5.14 have to be updated via over the air download. Maybe because the code in 5.14 is newer than the code in 6.0? In this regard, someone posted that the cars with speed alert and lane departure are running 5.14, as 6.0 is not compatible with these features.